"The Muppets" out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK on June 11, 2012

Hubert

Reaction score
See, this is the type thing I was worried about when Disney bought the Muppets. Don't get me wrong here, the Muppets have come a long, long way with Disney, but it seems to me the Muppets don't belong with a big company. They need a small company that doesn't care about losing the extra buck by giving DVD player people bonus features.

And also, did it ever occur to them that by doing this it may make some crazy fans go buy a blu-ray player, and devote the money to the blu-ray player instead of more Disney merch. Oh wait, Disney probably owns the blu-ray business.

dwmckim

Reaction score
You should really write to Disney!
On the contrary - we should ALL write to Disney.

Ten years ago the Muppet fan community was outraged and actively contacted Disney (and Henson since this was before they were owned by Disney) when Disney was releasing the dvds of Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island in fullscreen rather than widescreen. That was a major hot button issue that lit a fire under Muppet fans - and that was over not getting a portion of something we've already seen (in the theatres) It strikes me as odd that there isn't as big a fire over fans being frozen out of seeing ALL of something completely new.

Speaking of writing, i've been working on a major indepth look at this topic for MuppetFreak which should ideally finally get published this week.

Hubert

Reaction score
Speaking of writing, i've been working on a major indepth look at this topic for MuppetFreak which should ideally finally get published this week.
Sounds good. Can't wait.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I really am not that mad about the Blu-Ray extra deal. I mean, Disney's main priority is to make money, and Blu-Ray movies are more frequently bought than DVDs now a days.:embarrassed:

Hubert

Reaction score
I really am not that mad about the Blu-Ray extra deal. I mean, Disney's main priority is to make money, and Blu-Ray movies are more frequently bought than DVDs now a days.:embarrassed:
And that's back to the same issue: should that be their main priority? I mean, I know it's important to make money to pay everyone and stuff, but can't we do the fans a favor for once?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Just know Disney is no different then any other company it's all about $$$$$$$$. :/

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
What do we mean by different anyways?
It's not that unusual for films to have small differences in different parts of the world.

For example, "The Pirates! In an Adventure With Scientists", (called "The Pirates! - Band of Misfits" in the US) had some jokes, that were removed from the US version, because they weren't 'family friendly'.

As far as I know, they didn't do this with The Muppets anywhere (although I remember something about them removing the 'Fart-shoes' bit in India).