The Muppets Episode 8 - Too Hot to Handler

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Too Hot to Handler"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, the Scooter mom thing is being overdone.

Zoot is so funny, but it still feels weird having him be so outgoing all of a sudden.

This show has found its footing; now I'm just wondering what the "soft reboot" will be all about.

I don't know if they quite understand Kermit & Fozzie. I was never under the impression that Kermit was the dad and Fozzie was the baby. Kermit was always in charge, but he respected him more. Like Fozzie isn't Chris Griffin-stupid as depicted in the rubberband scene. Here we go with the stereotypes again...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Caroll learned the hard way about going too far when he ad-libbed Oscar saying to Paul Simon, "So long, shorty!" Caroll could see he genuinely hurt Paul Simon when he said that.
When was this?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When was this?
I actually don't know, I just know Caroll brought it up in one of his many interviews: Paul Simon was on the set one day with Oscar, and the bit ended with him walking away from the trashcan, so Caroll ad-libbed, "So long, shorty!" He said peering out from behind the trashcan setup he could see Paul Simon hunch his shoulders up and lower his head and he realized he shouldn't have said that.

Similarly, there's an interview with him from the Archive of American Television: I'd have to look at it again, but he mentioned performing a puppet show for a family or a group of kids with a black caregiver, and there was a bit in his show that would be considered offensive today that caused the caregiver to leave the room crying, and he realized how offensive it was and never did it again, adding, "we were so ignorant about things like that back then."

Lourenzo

Reaction score
D'Snowth, on Chelsea Handler I dont know who she is...but in this episode she was not any of the things you described her as being. She seemed pretty nice.
And its not something strike the show for, they were no mean-spirited hurtful or overly adult jokes that she made.

While this episode sometimes seemed to be making Fozzie to dim, I can see why Kermit acted the way he did. Being the responsible level-headed in a group of crazies, its normal for him to develop semi-fatherly feelings.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I actually don't know, I just know Caroll brought it up in one of his many interviews: Paul Simon was on the set one day with Oscar, and the bit ended with him walking away from the trashcan, so Caroll ad-libbed, "So long, shorty!" He said peering out from behind the trashcan setup he could see Paul Simon hunch his shoulders up and lower his head and he realized he shouldn't have said that.

Similarly, there's an interview with him from the Archive of American Television: I'd have to look at it again, but he mentioned performing a puppet show for a family or a group of kids with a black caregiver, and there was a bit in his show that would be considered offensive today that caused the caregiver to leave the room crying, and he realized how offensive it was and never did it again, adding, "we were so ignorant about things like that back then."
That's unfortunate, though didn't Oscar say "shorty" a lot?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Was Yolanda in this episode? Cause the credits say Julianne played her and Denise.

beaker

Reaction score
Very weak episode. I loved seeing Denise, as now I'm savoring all of her screen time. But just very weak. Not sure I laughed once. I agree with some of the criticism about how romantic relationships dominate virtually every plot. Oh well, was good to see Carl. And it was clear Fozzie's gf did in fact cheat, she probably pulled up the cached auction on her phone as quick cover knowing Kermit was going to bring it up

*EDIT* I did like the mini C-plot of The EM band thinking Kermit is a robot. Hoping the final 8 episodes improve tho