The Muppets Episode 8 - Too Hot to Handler

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Too Hot to Handler"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
things i found funny was denise story about the tigers, the EM thinking kermit was a robot and trying to trick kermit into eating robot cookies. Animal eating them and them freaking out about it was funny. I usually complain about EM related things on the show but this time I have no complaint. I can imagine them doing something like this.
Rowlf making an appearance was cute. I like rowfl. he's not my favorite character or anything but I find him adorable.
also of course bobo hugging kermit made me go "dawww" I like bobo.
I like denise. her eyes still weird me out but she's cute.
also BEAUREGARD SIGHTING!
other stuff
Uncle deadly making fashion lines is just weird to me. Are they going to make him gay? Just wondering but then again the line could be for men or something.

Scooter's mom related jokes are odd and kind of too much. We get it scooter lives with his mother, please stop reminding us.

I am having a real hard time with whoever is doing fozzie's voice now. A lot of the time he sounds NOTHING like fozzie at all. It really pushes me out.

Scooter liking chelsea was ok I have no idea who this woman is or what she's on due to me NOT having cable.

Lotsa booze but then again rowlf likes to drink beer we all know this. I'm not ranting just finding it kinda weird fozzie drinks it. He seems like a root beer man to me.

Still don't like pepe. Never did. Wish he wouldn't appear in an episode for once.

Can Idina Menzel show up in a future episode? I wanna see her on the show. (I am weird like that. lol I also think dr. teeth would have a crush on her because I am dumb)

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Lotsa booze but then again rowlf likes to drink beer we all know this. I'm not ranting just finding it kinda weird fozzie drinks it. He seems like a root beer man to me.
"Hey, if you add enough sugar to these things, they taste just like ginger ale..." :embarrassed:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
so fozzie adds loads of sugar to his booze when he goes?! XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am having a real hard time with whoever is doing fozzie's voice now. A lot of the time he sounds NOTHING like fozzie at all. It really pushes me out.
I've been noticing that ever since THE MUPPETS (2011): Eric Jacobson was always really consistent with Fozzie's voice up till then, now it seems like Fozzie's voice is either way too high, or way too low - kind of like Marty Feldman as Igor in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN: his voice was very inconsistent throughout the whole movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But that's not the kind of humor Jim was about; even with Statler and Waldorf, they may have heckled the other Muppets (Fozzie in particular), but they were never intended to be mean-spirited.
Agreed. It's the same sickness that infected otherwise entertaining shows like Family Guy and Fairly Odd Parents (just off the top of my head). Characters being constantly ****** on without any let up or hope of redemption. It mocks you for ever caring about characters in the first place. We aren't supposed to root for them for things to get better; we're supposed to laugh that they ever had hope in the first place. That's not humor, that's bullying. It really seems to be the legacy of this generation's comedy and that's incredibly sad to me.

Last edited:

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
did he voice fozzie in the merrry Muppet christmas movie? he did a much better job there than he's doing now. He did so well then I thought frank oz was still voicing him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
did he voice fozzie in the merrry Muppet christmas movie? he did a much better job there than he's doing now. He did so well then I thought frank oz was still voicing him.
He's done Frank's characters since the turn of the millennium; since then, Frank has only occasionally done his SST characters, but he's been officially retired from the Classic Muppets since, so yes, Eric performed Fozzie and Piggy in that movie (though I think Kevin Clash did Sam for that one).

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I honestly don't have a problem with Eric's work with Fozzie at all. There might have been one portion of the taping-ads-for-the-affiliates sequence that sounded slightly off, but I think Eric's doing a wonderful job with Fozzie in this series. (And that's a major challenge for him considering that Fozzie featured so heavily in the storylines for four of the eight episodes we've seen so far.)

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
But that's not the kind of humor Jim was about; even with Statler and Waldorf, they may have heckled the other Muppets (Fozzie in particular), but they were never intended to be mean-spirited. Caroll learned the hard way about going too far when he ad-libbed Oscar saying to Paul Simon, "So long, shorty!" Caroll could see he genuinely hurt Paul Simon when he said that. You have to know where to cross the line: even Don Rickles knows that, and has made it clear many times before that he never insults people with the intention of being mean or trying to hurt their feelings, it's just a way for him to actually interact with this audience and others around them in a no hard feelings routine; people like Chelsea Handler (and Joan Rivers) on the other hand, they do intentionally say things with mean-spirited intentions, and even when they do go too far, they couldn't care less.
Yup. The #1 rule of comedy is that being mean is not funny.