The Muppets Episode 8 - Too Hot to Handler

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Too Hot to Handler"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Okay. Loved Scooter's reaction at his first date with Chelsea and Kermit's realization that he was a first-class heel in assuming Becky was cheating.

Also, loved Animal's Cookie Monster impression (probably a reference to the fact that they were both originated by Frank Oz). But I wonder--does anyone here think Jacobson does a better Cookie Monster impression than Rudman does?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Scooter's been getting a lot of love lately, and that's great to see. I enjoyed how he finally got the chance to date a TV crush, but it was too much for his adorkable self to take considering it's Chelsea Handler. The B-plot with Kermit and Fozzie's friendship being tested over a misunderstanding with Becky was also nice.

Muppy

Reaction score
Oh,well I hope your having lots of fun.:smile:
I am! Thanks for asking.

Anyway, I thought this episode was good, but it could have been better. Like other's have said, I'm tired of these dating plots and just really want some good old fashioned muppet chaos. (Btw, was Miss Piggy in this episode at all?)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I am! Thanks for asking.

Anyway, I thought this episode was good, but it could have been better. Like other's have said, I'm tired of these dating plots and just really want some good old fashioned muppet chaos. (Btw, was Miss Piggy in this episode at all?)
Miss Piggy was in it very briefly at the very begining.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one was kinda "meh" compared to last week's stellar episode. I'm getting a little tired of the "Scooter and his mom" jokes.
I liked this episode okay, but the problem with it for me was the perspective.

Had this been the fifth or sixth episode or something, I'd feel this was an overall improvement. Comparing it to the first 4 episodes, it's actually quite good. But this is coming after three of the increasingly strongest episodes of the series, where the series should be. This isn't quite as off as the first 4 or so, but not as strong as the newer ones. Hopefully next episode is better and more in line of the last 3. But other than that, it wasn't terrible, and I'm wondering if this script was just written before the better ones and filmed later. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt on that.

But I liked the concept of the Fozzie and Kermit subplot. While I didn't like how they tread the line too closely of Fozzie being dumb vs. Fozzie being naive, the dumb thing was only mercifully in the bar trivia scene. The overall concept of Kermit thinking he's the more levelheaded one in the friendship and trying to be a little too protective only to screw things up and unintentionally hurt Fozzie, I liked that a lot and felt it was stronger than the Scooter storyline. Not that the Scooter bit was bad, just making him a little too Principle Skinnery is getting kinda old. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Scooter's in the spotlight and manages to have storylines revolve around him, this just wasn't a particularly great one. Though, when I heard it was about Chelsea Handler, all I could think of is please let's not have her and Piggy have a feud or anything like that. So that was a plus.

I did however like how they actually played with and lampshaded the Office format of the show. That's something they should do not so much oftenly, but at least be a little more satirical of the format. And I did really like the bit with the Electric Mayhem. I do like how they're making Floyd a little more conspiracy minded, but gently. Really seems to be the "don't trust the government" type. Glad to see they actually have small bits in the show.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I liked how Scooter's naïveté comes through here. Although, I think Chelsea Handler is way out of his league! As always, Rizzo and Pepe are there offering dating "advice" and comic relief! I agree that Scooter's mom is overstating its welcome.

At least, Kermit was trying to protect Fozzie from getting hurt, even though it was proved to be an honest mistake. Fozzie does a great Elvis impression. Kudos to Eric on that performance!

I liked how Animal channeled his inner Cookie Monster at the end!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Scooter's in the spotlight and manages to have storylines revolve around him, this just wasn't a particularly great one.
I feel that Scooter's nerdiness and awkwardness was a genuine angle to work with in his love interest, with Chelsea throwing herself at him only for the hunt to be more satisfying than the catch. I'm sure that's relatable to a lot of people.