The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Aside from TMS season 1, give me an example of Zoot being 100% on the ball.
I never said he was all the time it just feels like this little quirk of his has been amped up to 11. and scooter is gay? I didn't even notice.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I get that creepy aspect, but he is maybe my favorite thing about this show. I have laughed out loud more consistently at Chip's stuff than anything else. Maybe it's just because I'm in software and I've been known a lot of people like Chip, but I think he's a great character.
I like his weirdness, but I was under the impression he'd be a bit more sophisticated.

I can see that. But, I don't think we've ever seen their dynamic as individuals within the band, i.e. their relationship to each other. Floyd/Janice - Floyd/Animal have clearly defined connections, but what does Zoot think of everyone? How about Lips? Or Dr. Teeth? Those are things worth exploring.
I mean it wasn't like Dr. Teeth was completely unexplored, but the thing about Zoot and Lips is that they were quiet and had occasional lines.

Thing is, characters aren't like real people. They have parameters. Go outside those parameters and they become unrecognizable. And deceptively simple characters like Zoot and Animal say a lot even when saying very little.
Yes! Zoot is funny, but I feel like he is talking too much now; it's weird. He and Lips were established as quiet characters, especially Zoot; you just can't change that now.

Aside from TMS season 1, give me an example of Zoot being 100% on the ball.
Maybe we all just envision characters in certain ways; I'm not sure.

Auto-correct is really unfriendly to Muppet's names.

and scooter is gay? I didn't even notice.
I feel like they've hinted at it. Who knows at this point; Bunsen, Beaker, Scooter... they might as well all be gay. Let's separate Floyd and Janice while we're at it too.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
changing something that's long been established for a character is annoying, especially when it's hot a reboot. making janice and flouyd break up... whatever the heck they're ding with bunsen beaker and scooter... yeah.. can I slam my head on a brick wall now?

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I never said he was all the time it just feels like this little quirk of his has been amped up to 11. and scooter is gay? I didn't even notice.
I think by "queer" he meant strange; the original meaning.

The next episode revolves around Scooter dating Chelsea Handler. So no, he's not gay.

Lourenzo

Reaction score
Maybe Zoot's cluelessness seems exaggerated because he speaks more often.

Also Janice being a stoner...Im not sure. She just seems to be the typical hippie/granola girl with the crystal and auras.

Lips was never really established as anything. Unlike Zoot his silence was not treated as a character trait. He's only two noticeable lines so far.

I dont believe that Scooter's been hinted at being gay. Though that would be a funny coincidence, as Richard Hunt himself was gay.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Lips was never really established as anything. Unlike Zoot his silence was not treated as a character trait. He's only two noticeable lines so far.
Yes!

speaking of janice...
sorry about the quality. XD
Jeez, Gonzo's neck can sure turn around far. :big_grin:

"Tuesday midnight at the Mallory Gallory, that's all I know!" That line is forever indebted in my head... I played Muppet RaceMania way too many times.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
· All the mayhem in the beginning of the episode. From butter on the brakes to Jeggings being what Piggy needs right now, it was a great set-up!
· Sweetums calling Kermit ‘Caroline’!
· “I feel awful!”- Falafel!
· The Samnice love-story continues! So weird to see Sam trying to play it smooth-yet so fun!
· SO MANY FEELS when Scooter Freudian-slipped the word ‘father’ when talking about Kermit. It was so freakin’ adorable!
· Two words: Frozen Beaker!
· Denise and Piggy were fun to watch together. Neither takes the other seriously! You have to admit, they were (almost) pretty in-sync with each other!
· Uncle Deadly once again steals both my heart and the best delivered line, “LOOK, at me Piggy! They are gone!”
· Statler and Waldorf are all about that bass, bout that bass. No treble!
· Chip: “They were messing with me? I have friends!!!”
HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's exactly how I felt!!!!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I feel like they've hinted at it.
It's one of those things where if you never mention it, no one else will think of it either. But if you do mention it, people will say, "Oh yeah, I could see that."

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Dude Scooter is not gay, he has a big crush on Chelesa Handler in the next episode, and from what I remember, he bragged about getting a kiss from Raquel Welch to Fozzie in the TMS episode, just my two cents.