The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My patience is wearing incredibly thin.
Again, quit being the Muppet martyr. :wink:

If you can't get any enjoyment off of a franchise anymore, by all means, quitting the franchise doesn't make you less of a fan
Since when does preferring Jim Henson's work (how utterly foolish and unheard of!) equal quitting the franchise?

Wow...I'm kind of at a loss for words right now...

You can indeed stop caring and stop watching and be fans. That's perfectly okay
OK...glad you approve...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I just wish the human workers who work with the Muppets had speaking roles.
That is a weird part of the show.

Watching the episode a second time, Kermit's actions and the way he has become a bit snarky and cocky reminds me of his personality pre-Muppet Show.

Maybe being separated from Piggy's influence has caused Kermit to redevelop the characteristics their relationship suppressed. You have to admit, once Piggy took over the limelight, Kermit became very passive-aggressive.
I wonder if they've thought about it that much, but something's told me they haven't thought about it at all.

He does have his glasses back when we see him later in the episode.
That would've been a good closer to the episode (having him stumbling around, looking for his glasses).

Maybe there is something to the "casual fans want a carbon copy of the Muppet Show" thing.
I don't get why you are trying to hammer this in. This is not a thing at all. I haven't heard anyone on here ask for a Muppet Show 2.0. They are just disgusted by some of the juvenile humor and "The Muppets" brand not being used to its full potential, as in they are restricting them by trying to have them be like humans.

The one note I agree with you on is that I'm doubtful for a second season as well. :frown: This very well may be "it" for the Muppets. They already had their movie that banked on 20-year nostalgia, so that isn't going to happen again in 2035. I mean, they will still probably make appearances on TV shows and stuff, and there is always Sesame Street...

I think you are wrong on a lot. The audience is not prudish, the Zoot joke was just completely stupid and not funny in the slightest. I wouldn't care if Janice was running around topless and all of this crazy stuff was going on as long as it was tasteful, genuine humor. And the audience's 'prudishness' in reality has nothing to do with it, because that doesn't show up in the ratings. The amount of viewers is what matters, not their opinion of the material. I know those go hand-in-hand, but some people will watch it just because it's The Muppets.

MT was a carbon copy of Muppet Show? News to me!

Which describes literally no one I've talked to about this show. If you guys want to support this show, it's important to understand what the actual criticisms are. Rather than maintain this defensive "fans vs not real fans" mentality.
I could at least understand where he was coming from there. I guess I could agree that it was The Muppet Show of the '90s.

I just get the feeling that the Muppet audience is like the drunk guy in a crowd at a concert continuously shouting at the band to play their one trick pony song instead of doing something new. I actually picture a bunch of Millenials screaming "SHUT UP and do MAHNAH MAHNAH like on Youtube!"
No they are not, especially the people on this forum. I don't even know why I'm taking this side of the argument though, because I think this new show is pretty good. I do understand their issues with the show at the same time though. They just want good content, end of story. They don't care in what context.

Drtooth, do you have any criticisms with the new show, or is it all just fine and dandy?

lol old school fans. the first muppet related thing I ever remember seeing was the christmas carol movie then disney aired the first jim henson muppets films on Triple Feature Friday (back when disney channel was GOOD) I saw treature island, from space, the merry muppet christmas... THEN I watched the muppet show before I watched the more recent muppet movies. (I also watched the christmas toy and muppet family christmas). Yeah I grew up watching muppets. I am a 90s kid. Big frigging deal.
also mr. tooth as I have said many times before while there are things I don't like about the new show I am still watching it because I am hoping things get better. I LOVED last weeks episode with fozzie going out into the woods to get his muse on. That's my favorite episode so far. I WANT to keep watching the show. I am sticking it out because even with the problems it has I like seeing the muppets again and here is stuff in each episode I do like.
Please stop being so judgemental toward fans who have different opinions. it's very rude an you and duke seem to be the only ones doing it. I don't know why but just quit it. Please.
This is me right here. I was born in '94, grew up on Sesame Street, discovered The Muppet Show through those Time Life VHS infomercials... I am not an old-school fan, just a fan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drtooth, do you have any criticisms with the new show, or is it all just fine and dandy?
My only criticism is that they try to shove too much into an episode. The show does indeed have room for improvement, but by all means, if I'm not saying anything vehemently negative that's because the Muppets are capable of far worse. And if this is as good as it gets I'm fine with it. I just don't want MFS style lobotomized Stepford Kermit ever again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is me right here. I was born in '94, grew up on Sesame Street, discovered The Muppet Show through those Time Life VHS infomercials... I am not an old-school fan, just a fan.I am not an old-school fan, just a fan.
And I went for 10 years of my life before even knowing The Muppet Show existed.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
herald I didn't know the muppet show existed until I was 14 and only by a mention in a Baby-Sitter's Club book!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I consider myself just a fan of the Muppets, as well. I'm more familiar with the Sesame Street characters anyway, which is why I spend more time on those boards. I only really got into these Muppets recently, so I don't have as strong an attachment to the old-school series as many others on here.

Anyway, what a fun ride this has been. I'm glad to be a part of it. :smile:

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
Had anyone noticed that Denise wasn't in any other episode of this series, except the first one? I loved this episode! I love how Kermit had to get all rough for the show. I know that the question might be asked already, but I was curious. I can't wait for the next one!