The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I didn't really weigh in on the first episode. I liked it, but I also think that first episodes tend not to be great, and a lot of the jokes were already spoiled for me by the pilot and the commercials. Still, I laughed and liked it.

This, though, was just great! Now that I'm used to the style of the show, I found I could just relax and enjoy it more. Very funny stuff! The weird encounter with Laurence Fishburne really got me. And I loved the Kermit side-mouth talking at the beginning under the desk. Cool move!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Really great episode. Others have already echoed my own thoughts about all the great funny parts, but I really wanted to talk about my favorite part of tonight's episode, Kermit!

I absolutely loved his whole plot. From all the color codes, to fixing Piggy up, to trying to figure out how to get things back to normal. I really had no idea how Kermit was going to fix this without making Piggy mad, but the solution he found was brilliant! Gotta love how devious he can be. :smile: And then to top it all off, Piggy had the great line about how she was changing Josh Groban for the worse. Never change Piggy.

I hope that's not the only time we see Lea Thompson. I love her and really wanted to see where that whole elevator conversation was going. Piggy got to date Josh Groban, let Kermit get together with someone!
Wow haven't seen you on here in a long time. Glad you are still with the fandom:smile:

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
I hope that's not the only time we see Lea Thompson. I love her and really wanted to see where that whole elevator conversation was going. Piggy got to date Josh Groban, let Kermit get together with someone!
It just occurred to me that Denise exists. When I wrote this, I completely forgot Kermit was dating anyone! I'm really surprised she wasn't in this episode. You'd think they'd want to give the new character a lot of screen time so people don't forget her.

Wow haven't seen you on here in a long time. Glad you are still with the fandom:smile:
Thanks. :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One more thing I'm really liking about the new show - we're seeing quite a bit of interaction between characters that normally don't speak to each other (Pepe and the EM, Bobo and Newsman, etc).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow so many thoughts on such an awesome show. I love when Kermit plays so many different emotions. I think deep down he really loves Piggy,and maybe that will come out more.
I noticed something in the first show and it kind of runs over into this one as well. They have kind of dumbed down the band. Not making them high just a little dumb. I did love Dr.Theeth's dead inside line though. I love how they gave so many secondary characters some very funny lines. Did anyone else see beautiful day monster look at the camera as someone was talking?
The puppetry is absolutely wonderful. The Muppet performers are really doing some great work with both the puppetry and the characters.
I love this show, and can't wait for next week.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Fozzie didn't think of himself as a thief, he just wanted a souvenir. He felt like a thief afterwards after he realized what he'd done.
I was thinking of it as more of a symptom of kleptomania or sort of somewhere along those lines.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
Pros:
1. Musical performance from Josh Groban
2. Good celebrity selection, since Josh Groban's last Muppet appearance was Muppets Most Wanted

In terms of Muppets, I hope Constantine appears and causes Mayham for the Muppets, as community service for the Gulag.

In terms of Celebrities, I hope we get Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais from Muppets Most Wanted as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I had the same thought that Kleptomaniac/Pickpocket Fozzie from the alternate universe where Kermit was never born from VMMC was creeping into Fozzie's actual personality. *Shrugs.

Also of note... When Kermit says they're having the first Code Green ever, we get his happy arm-flailing YAAAAYYY!!!