The Muppets Episode 2 - Hostile Makeover

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Hostile Makeover"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one yet, but I already heard about Lips' line in the spoilers thread.

As for whether the whole Electric Mayhem are stoners or just Zoot, I've often thought of them all as stoners, but thought of Zoot as being the biggest stoner of them all. Like, the rest smoke more or less occasionally, Zoot does the most frequently.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am a bit on the fence with this one. Jim was involved in season one of SNL. If ever there was a set where drugs were in use (not by all) but by some (a lot). To me the Mayhem was always cool and cool without drugs because their coolness came from within. Zoot, to me was the exception, and he is my favorite Muppet. They laid a lot of implicit groundwork that he was a stoner. "Zoot's skipped a grove again". While it does not blow my illusion of the Mayhem that they all partook, I am on the fence of it all as a whole.
Jim Henson was a Hippy there is no way around that, so it makes sense that he would make his characters reflect himself, heck even sesame street had drug references that went right over kids heads and were done tastefully by changing words to songs and such in pop culture ....

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Jim Henson was a Hippy there is no way around that, so it makes sense that he would make his characters reflect himself, heck even sesame street had drug references that went right over kids heads and were done tastefully by changing words to songs and such in pop culture ....

o... are you implying ALL of the muppets smoke pot? Given your logic there.... :/

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
what if I was what would be wrong with that?
most of my friends and family smoke pot and my family are all huge hippies who love the Grateful dead, all my friends and family are really nice peaceful people!

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
I am not even going down that rabbit trail. also please don't quote yourself. Just edit your previous post.
Also... I am glad they had a musical number on the show with muppets singing and uncle deadly getting to speak was cool

also I didn't notice lips saying anything. Where did he talk? O.O darn it! I missed that part.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am not even going down that rabbit trail. also please don't quote yourself. Just edit your previous post.
Also... I am glad they had a musical number on the show with muppets singing and uncle deadly getting to speak was cool

also I didn't notice lips saying anything. Where did he talk? O.O darn it! I missed that part.
i accidentally quoted myself I meant to edit, my bad.

so you don't think Jim was a hippy?,

he practically looks like David Grisman,

Last edited:

mariobros612

Reaction score
If Leno stole George Carlin's candy bowl, the same one Fozzie stole, then you'd think Jay would understand and try to help instead of getting mad and yelling at Foz to get out of his home.
This is honestly how I thought it would play out, but Leno getting mad at Fozzie was really weird.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
errr darth just because a person looks like some hippie doesn't mean they are. my dad used to look like a hippie but he WASN'T! Don't judge on appearances. :frown: