The Muppets Episode 14 - Little Green Lie

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Little Green Lie"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not much to add that hasn't already been said, so I'll say this: out of all of the episodes so far, this is the first one that I'm really excited to re-watch. Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed past episodes, but repeated viewings weren't a priority. "Little Green Lie," however, definitely going to pop out the DVR recording very soon! :smile:

Muppy

Reaction score
Best episode of the series yet. Nice balance of comedy, heart and great puppetry. This episode didn't revolve around Up Late with Miss Piggy, which is always something I enjoy. I'm looking forward to next week's 2 part-er!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This was a nice episode. Not quite my favorite episode but still better than last week's episode (which I actually enjoyed despite popular opinion).

If the show is ending I really hope Rowlf gets to do a lot more in one of the next two episodes.

Also,I really expected Robin's voice to bother me but it really didn't at all. Also great that Lips had a line.

I hope that when this show is over,some of the changes they made will still be a part of the franchise's future projects such as the introduction of Gloria Estefan and Yolanda's recently expanded role. Chip has also been a funny addition.

jobi71

Reaction score
I was very pleased with the episode. A while back I mentioned Robin being a good character to bridge to on screen and behind the scene stories. I anxiously await my check. Hmm. But seriously. Wonderful to see Robin. The voice will take some time, but the puppetry was great and we will get used to the voice. I love that Kermit and Piggy can unite for such an important cause and I also love that most Muppets rush to exit because they cannot convincingly lie. (And even those who do go along blow it). Lara Spencer to me is a delightful lady who just sort of shows up places, and thus she did here. I know there is some (synergy) of her flirting with Pepe but they kept it to a minimum. Someone above mentioned they intelligence or the lack thereof of the Electric Mayhem. It is a bit tough to gage since Teeth himself seems himself in any video project. Lips is a bit of a cypher. Animal is an animal. Zoot so quiet during the Muppet Show days is quite an accidental poet with many of his lines. Floyd is a bit problematic. He was a hip hipster in the day and now he's very much a paranoid figure. I'll admit it is humor and an angle new fans can grab onto. So if Floyd's character is compromised I'll accept it. Janice, for me, is another issue. Some have complained that her character has been dumbed down. I disagree. It is different from what Richard did on the Muppet Show, but I work in the arts. I work with some folks who are star children or hippie men or women, and she rings about true. Like I said a bit trippy but she still know's which way the wind blows. She saw Sam's kindness to Chip. I do not think she has been dumbed down at all. (I do think the Floyd/Janice relationship, however, needs immediate attention).
Closing thoughts: If there was justice Uncle Deadly (Matt Vogel) would be nominated for supporting actor comedy. Big Mean Carl should eat one character an episode. (Two on holiday episodes). Beautiful Day Monster was again in the background of a scene that probably did not need any background actors. I love it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was great to see Robin make a visit, and I liked how his woobie status in TMS was played a little more subtly in this show; everyone notices him, for one. Matt Vogel still sounds a bit off voicing him, but Jerry's voice was just far too distinctive to perfectly replicate, and it's more important for him to get the personality right. I guess if you interpret Robin as being a little older in this show like I do, it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm also loving the chemistry between Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe now that they're roomies. Also great to know that Foo-Foo wasn't digested by Big Mean Carl. :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Something to add - I'm really glad to see that Piggy is being treated as a three-dimensional character, and not simply "the diva."

EDIT: Just remembered that Bill Barretta directed this episode. Kudos, Bill!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
It's great to see Robin again! Matt's doing a great job and Uncle Deadly is brilliant as always. I fully expected Rowlf to sing "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" at the final bar scene. Bill doing Pepe drunk, that was funny as well as Fozzie's "acting" of famous movie lines. I expected Piggy to be happy after Kermit revealed that he and Denise broke up, but the actual result was better than expected.

ploobis

Reaction score
I really enjoyed tonight's episode of The Muppets! Bill Barretta did a great job directing this one. This may be my favorite episode of the Season!

My favorite things about this episode are the following. :smile:

1. It was really great to see Robin again. Matt Vogel really does a great job with him, he made Robin just as sweet as Jerry did.

2. It's nice to see that Gonzo and Camilla are back together. :concern: :cluck:

3. As always, Uncle Deadly steals scenes!

4. Seeing Pepe drunk is always Hilarious! :rolleyes:

5. Rowlf singing "As Time Goes By" :sympathy:

6. I love the fact that Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe live in the same house now! to me they are the Muppet Rat Pack! :concern: :rolleyes: :shifty:

7. I love that Miss Piggy has become much nicer now. That trip to Argentina really helped! :mad:

8. I also loved seeing the Swedish Chef's food performance. :hungry:

9. The Friendly feud sketch was great too!

Everybody needs to stream this episode and all the previous ones too! I really wanna see a 2nd Season! :wink:

Jesse

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This might be the best episode so far.

I feel there was a missed opportunity with the Friendly Feud sketch. I feel that the group competing against the Electric Mayhem should have been another band or singing group.

It is weird that Robin enjoys time with Kermit and Piggy, since he and Piggy have rarely interacted before. But we do see several images of times they've spent together. And Robin is happy with calling her Aunt (Miss) Piggy... I know Piggy told him to call her Aunt Piggy in the Linda Lavin episode.

I feel sorry for Rizzo and Pepe, their wingmen end up with the women their after (and did that Good Morning America star practically say that Pepe could have had her all along?), and then Camilla's friends end up being two hot human women who were actually interested in the two.