The Muppets Episode 13 - Got Silk?

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Got Silk"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The next option then would be to have the muppets just be the muppets, without humans, which is something I would REALLY want to see, but I doubt the general public would last five minutes watching a show with no "famous" celebrity.
The hype is gone, the show had it's chance, and it didn't live up to it. Just look at the ratings trend
18-49 Ratings Total Viewers
1x1 Pig Girls Don't Cry 2.9 9.01m
1x2 Hostile Makeover 2.0 5.78m
1x3 Bear Left,Than Bear Write 1.7 4.84m
1x4 Pig Out 1.3 4.34m
1x5 Walk the Swine 1.4 4.33m
1x6 The Ex-Factor 1.4 4.56m
1x7 Pig's In a Blackout 1.2 3.94m
1x8 Too Hot to Handler 1.2 3.85m
1x9 Going, Going, Gonzo 1.1 3.78m
1x10 Single All the Way 1.1 3.81m
1x11 Swine Song 0.9 2.76m
1x12 A Tail of Two Piggies 0.8 2.71m

Week 1-2 was a hit, those are definetly ratings hits regardless of the drop anything above a 2.0 and without a leadin is spectacular.

Week 3 It got a 1.7 still very good for a selfstarter, again obvious renewal

Week 4 Okay now things change, a 1.3 is still okay but not the best.

Week 5-6 Two 1.4s very respectable, this is about the time it got a full season pickup, I mean not the high ratings that ABC was wanting but good numbers in a trouble timesloT.

Week 7-8 Two 1.2s, that's okay, but in comparision its leadouts weren't doing much better with Fresh off the Boat and Agents of Shield at a 1.3 so still nothing special but Disney would probably still renew it.

Week 9-10 Two 1.1s, getting a little shaky more of a tossup untill you see the other shows of the night did a 1.2 and 1.3, not much better.

So if the show had ended there I would have said this is getting a renewal, sure it's ratings declined, but it was doing on par with it's Tuesdays compainions and the Disney synergy helps, but then.

Week 11-12 Disasterous after heavy advertising the new episodes returned to ratings below a 1.0, not looking good for a renewal, and it's not even close to Fresh off the Boat. Also, episode 12's rating of 0.8 and 2.7m was lower than a repeat of the pilot that aired on the Friday after the premiere with a 0.8 and 3.5m and that had just a 1.1 Last Man Standing leadin while the new episode had a 1.2 Fresh off the Boat leadin. Overall, don't give up all hope, it's doing terrible, but you never know what Disney synergy can do, but lower your expectations a bit.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I enjoyed this episode. Not as much as the last two, but still solid. I thought Piggy's worrying over her lack of friends had a great emotional payoff with Uncle Deadly dropping hints at the friend she always had. The B-plot with Pache trying to bribe Gonzo, Pepe, and Rizzo with some new suits to get his Pinkberry plug in the show was also amusing, and I'm still glad Kermit let them keep the suits anyway.

As for the shortened theme, it was likely because the cold open was a little longer than usual. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
This episode was very meh until Deadly saved it at the end of the episode. That whole part with him trying to tell her he's always been there, then Piggy realizing it during the song was one of the sweetest moments in the whole series. :flirt: I'm really going to miss their friendship when the show ends in a few weeks. :frown:

When Deadly was about to start the play, I assumed it'd just be Piggy in the audience. When it was the whole gang it really warmed my heart. It was nice of Kermit to mention how sweet it was of Piggy to do this, but he really should've waited until after the play. :wink: That was pretty funny how Deadly called them out and told them to pay attention.

I agree with those that said it'd be nice if we actually saw more of the Denise/Kermit fallout, but what we did get this week was pretty heartbreaking. But it was nice Kermit got the last laugh when it came to Pache's plan.

The Gonzo/Rizzo/Pepe plot felt like it was leftover from the first half of the show. It didn't feel like it fit in with the show's retool of the Muppets all sticking together. However, I did love Pepe's impressions at the very end. It felt like something that was done in-between takes, but they decided it was funny enough to put in the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While this certainly wasn't a strong an episode as it should be, it's mark improvement over the shaky first episodes. I dug the Pepe, Rizzo, and Gonzo segment. It just didn't feel fleshed out, and there really could have been a lot more done with the Pinkberry sponsorship thing.

I did like seeing a more humble Miss Piggy worrying that she's hard to make friends with. I really don't see why others complain about how the writers aren't getting the characters, at least we're finding new angles for them.

Yes it could have been better and it sucks the ratings aren't going up after they freaking changed the show to make it more casual fan friendly. The time shift to avoid the overrated New Girl series has been hurting it more than helping, and I'm sure the snarky snarky internet hipsters who stopped watching after the first episode because their inner child wasn't being fulfilled certainly wouldn't come back after saying there was a reboot, as it sounds desperate.

ploobis

Reaction score
I really felt that the ending of the episode (starting with Deadly's talk with Piggy during a commercial break) was so Heart Warming.

It was so nice of Deadly to let Piggy know that he's been there for her all along. I like the musical number with Ingrid Michaelson. Eric Jacobson sure can make Piggy sing! and I thought it was so sweet of Piggy and the rest of the Muppets to help support Deadly and his stage show.

A Very Heart Warming episode. :flirt:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
No big review from me this week. I'm far too busy getting ready to move out of home for university to sit down and do one.

I will say that this episode got a big 'meh' from me. There were a couple of good moments, but it didn't live up to the standards of the past four. Like 'Too Hot to Handler' it just fell kind of flat.

Here's to hoping that next weeks episode will be back on par.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the episode overall. The Miss Piggy and Uncle Deadly plot was nice and the Gonzo/Rizzo/Pepe plot wasn't awesome but it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the other subplots like the one in "Walk the Swine" when Fozzie and Becky torture each other the entire episode.

While this episode wasn't quite as good as the past few,it was still better than the first six episodes. And c'mon,we can't be too disappointed by the fact that it wasn't as good as episodes 9-12,every single show has it's not so great episodes.It would be absolutely impossible for the writers to crank out a masterpiece every single time. But if this so far is the worst episode of the retooling than in my opinion the show is doing really great.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Just okay for me, not good or not bad, just okay.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This is the first episode I'm giving a flat out meh, nothing really funny, everything just kind of felt flat. The Miss Piggy plot was really not that funny, but on to the good.

Pros

• The Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe subplot was pretty funny, just wish they fleshed it out more
  • Pache was pretty funny
  • The little bits of dialouge between the muppets from Scooter or Zoot.
  • Lew Zealand talked
  • Mention about Denise
  • Kermit and Pache interactions
  • Pepe as Obama
Cons

• Miss Piggy's plot, ugh she has no friends who cares, because I really don't.
  • The guest stars were terribly inserted and added nothing to the episode, RuPaul wasn't really funny and Ingrad Michaelson really did nothing but sing one song.
  • The fashion show sketch or whatever, was that supposed to be funny.
  • The song they really need to fit these better, make it flow with the episode not just randomly insert a song, because the muppets have music.
  • Minor nitpick but really no intro
  • Yet again, no Fozzie just a small speaking role, really and no Scooter either, the great thing about this show before was how different characters got to shine, The Electric Mayhem, The Newsman, Bobo, Chip, they got subplots to themselves, and now it's just more whining with Miss Piggy.

Overal, this episode was a bit of a downer for me, and I just don't like this reboot. Couldn't ABC wait 10 episodes for a show to get on the right track, can an audience wait for a show to evolve, no they walk out by episode 3, and the show is getting better, but no one is watching it. I don't know, people didn't seem to like them, but I felt "Hostile Makeover" and "Bear Left, Than Bear Write" were hilarious, amazing, and exactly what I would want to see in a muppet show, a balance of different characters getting screen time, outsid plots mixed in with Up Late plots, and then "Pig's In a Blackout", "Going, Going, Gonzo", and "Single All the Way", the perfect balance of heart and comedy, and with going,going,gonzo we got a song really fit in with the episode and guest stars that really worked, better yet a plot that actually did something for the characters, but no I guess ABC would rather throw that in the trash and replace it with Miss Piggy whining about having no friends, the perfect muppet show, there are other characters to be explored, why is Fozzie suddenly shafted into nothing more than a minor speaking role, why is Scooter now doing nothing but standing around in the background. At least the next episode looks good, but really they spend all that time, and this is the best we get, hoping for the next episodes to be really great.