The Muppets Episode 11 - Swine Song

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Swine Song"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread discussing Season 1 Episode 11 Swine Song . . .

. . . look for further discussion of Chelsea Handler coming to another thread soon.

Grovette

Reaction score
Yay!! I've been waiting for The Muppets return!
Was worried that it was going to be toned down too much, but it wasn't bad.

Kinda glad they pushed the time back, but would be better at 9pm.
Really wanted to watch The Muppets, but had to switch over from The Flash.
It would be awesome to watch The Flash then The Muppets!! :smile:

The next episode looks like lots of fun! Seems more edgy like the first half, can't wait!!

My wish for future episodes is:
- to see lots more Rowlf :sympathy:
- hopefully Sam is over Janice
- Denise should stay on the show
- crossing fingers and toes for Season 2

Always love these guys :shifty::rolleyes::eek:!!!!!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think one of the main problems with the show is the lack of star power in the guest stars. Not only that it seems when they have guest stars they don't really seem to know what to do with them. The one thing that was great about The Muppet Show was how the Muppets interacted with the guest stars. With this series it's just not working. There was only one episode this season where that seemed to worked, which was "Walk the Swine".

scooterfan360

Reaction score
well for one she accused bill cosby of trying to assault her, which I don't believe for one moment . because if it really did happened , she would have said something about it before now. now I know the accusers are just now coming forward ,but Chelsea is another case . you can't believe her because, she said that she can't remember all of it . plus you can tell in her voice, that she is lying and that she just said it to get attention . more proof that she lied about it , it would have been in the media more than it was, and she wouldn't have recently posed nude in a magazine if it was true . plus she said that Justin bieber try to hit on her, which is another lie . because she is way older than him , plus Justin looks like the type that would go for somebody his own age. not Chelsea. plus she turned her back on her friend, and now ****** off at her friend . because she spilled her guts to magazine's and talk show hosts, about how Chelsea treated her. which it had to be true , because she wouldn't got so ****** about it if it was not so.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread discussing Season 1 Episode 11 Swine Song . . .

. . . look for further discussion of Chelsea Handler coming to another thread soon.
very funny lol

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think one of the main problems with the show is the lack of star power in the guest stars. Not only that it seems when they have guest stars they don't really seem to know what to do with them. The one thing that was great about The Muppet Show was how the Muppets interacted with the guest stars. With this series it's just not working. There was only one episode this season where that seemed to worked, which was "Walk the Swine".
How about Going, Going, Gonzo, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was used pretty well.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere in the thread and I haven't seen it, but what was up with the Piggy puppet? Her lower jaw was clearly "bulging" to her left (on the right as you look at her), obviously as a result of the puppeteer's thumb. Have they re-made the puppet resulting in the head being smaller? Was a larger-handed puppeteer providing the movement to a pre-recorded dialogue track?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
what exactly did she do? I'm kind of ignorant with most celebrity antics so I am curious.
plus I thought that she was a bad choice for a guest star, I can't believe that scooter, likes that mean vodka drinking dink . now I'm not jealous lol ,because that would be silly, but the whole scooter +Chelsea thing , makes my stomach turn . not like a jealous feeling, but a cringe worthy feeling. now scooter bad mouths his mother's boyfriend ken, if you ask me I think that Chelsea is just as bad.

Grovette

Reaction score
Not only that it seems when they have guest stars they don't really seem to know what to do with them. The one thing that was great about The Muppet Show was how the Muppets interacted with the guest stars. With this series it's just not working.".
That's been a problem. They've had some great guests, but they have come off as being really awkward in the show.
The episode with Leno and Lawrence Fishburne was depressing, they were rather hostile and not funny.
Jason Bateman was kind of a jerk too.
:sigh:
I've heard about Chelsea Handler for a long time, but really didn't see her until the Muppets episode. Didn't think she was terrible.
Really liked that episode overall.

Scooter seemed a bit more confident in the old Muppet Show. :wink:
Now he seems to be portrayed as a whiney prudish mama's boy.

Looking forward to the next episode! Love Ian Z.!!!
The promo looks very promising! :news:

:cluck::concern:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know this sounds cliche but, just wait and see if the next episode is good/bad.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So Miss Piggy is briefly shocked by Kermit's suggestion of sharing the stage with the others, which gets me wondering: who else did the sketches on the show?

We never really saw sketches before this episode, but the show should have had a supporting cast to appear in sketches with Piggy and the guest stars, right? Or do they just pick random actors when sketches are performed (is this what normal talk shows do with their sketches)? We never heard anything about there being actors on the show, whether they be human or Muppet.