The Muppets Episode 10 - Single All the Way

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Single All the Way"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grovette

Reaction score
Fun episode! The show is really starting to grow on me. :wink:
Didn't really care much for the show at first, but as I watch it more - I love it!!
I've started to go back a rewatch the episodes...

I know many complain about the adult themes, just hope that when the show returns it will still have that edginess. Rowlf has always been that way. I'm sure Jim Henson would approve!

Frank Oz needs to return. Maybe to advise or direct some episodes,
or just to reclaim Fozzie - fix his voice and that goose egg on his head. :embarrassed:

I didn't care for the Sam and Janice storyline.
Much prefer Sam as that old curmudgeon type, doesn't need a love interest.

Overall, I hope this show sticks around for long time.!!!
Come back Oz, we need you! :big_grin:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Now that the first 10 episodes have aired, here is how I ranked them:

1. Going, Going, Gonzo, ep9
  2. Pig's in a Blackout, ep7
  3. Single All the Way, ep10
  4. Pig Out, ep4
  5. Bear Left, then Bear Write, ep3
  6. The Ex-Factor, ep6
  7. Hostile Makeover, ep2
  8. Pig Girls Don't Cry, Pilot
  9. Walk the Swine, ep5
  10. Too Hot to Handler, ep8

I've ranked the episodes based on their Muppety-ness, quality of puppetry, humour, guest star performance and how each episode presents the 'adult' situations.

And while I'm at it, I'll also rank the Top Ten Muppets based purely on character development:

1. Uncle Deadly
  2. Scooter
  3. Miss Piggy
  4. Kermit
  5. Fozzie
  6. Sam
  7. Chip
  8. Lips
  9. Pepe
  10. Gonzo
Uncle Deadly came out of nowhere and just burst into this hilariously dark humoured wardobe/personal assistant for Miss Piggy. I'm pretty sure you can work out why the other characters have made it on the list for yourselves.

Last edited:

Grovette

Reaction score
Now that the first 10 episodes have aired, here is how I ranked them:

1. Going, Going, Gonzo, ep9
  2. Pig's in a Blackout, ep7
  3. Single All the Way, ep10
  4. Pig Out, ep4
  5. Bear Left, then Bear Write, ep3
  6. The Ex-Factor, ep6
  7. Hostile Makeover, ep2
  8. Pig Girls Don't Cry, Pilot
  9. Walk the Swine, ep5
  10. Too Hot to Handler, ep8

I've ranked the episodes based on their Muppety-ness, quality of puppetry, humour, guest star performance and how each episode presents the 'adult' situations.

And while I'm at it, I'll also rank the Top Ten Muppets based purely on character development:

1. Uncle Deadly
  2. Scooter
  3. Miss Piggy
  4. Kermit
  5. Fozzie
  6. Sam
  7. Chip
  8. Lips
  9. Pepe
  10. Gonzo
Uncle Deadly came out of nowhere and just burst into this hilariously dark humoured wardobe/personal assistant for Miss Piggy. I'm pretty sure you can work out why the other characters have made it on the list for yourselves.
Pigs in a Blackout and Too Hot to Handler make the top of my list. :smile:
Loved the scene with Kermit and Rowlf in Blackout, "This one's got an odor eater in it so you get that smokey taste, then the gum on the heel gives it that perfect mint finish."

Also the scene with Kermit and Fozzie in Handler as they're doing the tv spots. "I want you to see me as someone you respect, someone you can take seriously. That was not the time to do that."
:embarrassed:

The Christmas one was good. Janice wins best line with "Hush. She's obviously releasing the evil spirits from her sole. Stay strong sister, we know it hurts." :flirt:

I'm getting used to Janice's voice. Didn't notice her speaking much over the past couple decades. She's a good pair with Floyd, and just 'one of guys' with the band. The Sam/Janice bit was awkward.

Fozzie's voice is taking much more adjusting to, Animal and Sam are pretty good!
Don't really care much for Chip, kind creepy.

Uncle Deadly is awesome! Need lots more Rowlf too!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here is my ranking of the first ten episodes.

1. Going, Going, Gonzo
  2. Single All the Way
  3. Hostile Makeover
  4. Bear Left Than Bear Write
  5. Pig's in a Blackout
  6. Walk the Swine
  7. The Ex-Factor
  8. Pig Out
  9. Pig Girls Don't Cry
  10. Too Hot to Handler

Going, Going, Gonzo and Single All the Way were simply perfect, characters being themselves, hilarious and heartfelt moments, it was all there. Hostile Makeover, Bear Left Then Bear Write, Pig's in a Blackout, Walk the Swine, and The Ex-Factor were very solid episodes, maybe a mistep here or there, but really few complaints maybe some minor nitpicks, but really great episodes. Pig Out was good, but just not as good as the others. The pilot was good for a pilot, the other episodes were much better. Too Hot to Handler was just not that good, it's okay, but not an episode I would choose to watch. I don't hate any of the episodes, and I feel they were all great.

Muppy

Reaction score
My ranking ...

#1: Single All the Way
#2: Pigs in a Blackout
#3: Going, Going, Gonzo
#4: Hostile Makeover
#5: Too Hot to Handler
#6: Bear Left then Bear Right
#7: Pig Girls Don't Cry
#8: The Ex Factor
#9: Pig Out
#10: Walk the Swine

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, a week late, but I succesfully avoided this thread in the process, so *yay*.

This episode was... great! Plenty of humor and heart to fit not only the holiday season, but the Muppet style.

While having more than two plots in one episode was an issue in the past, it works well here. Very little of it feels rushed, and everything is wrapped up nicely. I will say the Mindy Kaling plot gets overlooked pretty easily. Perhaps it just wasn't as fleshed out as the other storylines, or perhaps it would have worked better in an average, non-Christmas episode. But the writers do manage to tie it in with the main plots, so it's certainly not a total waste. And hey, it's Mindy Kaling!

The Fozzie-Becky breakup seems to mostly be here to parallel the Kermit-Piggy story, but it still works. Fozzie's such a loveable guy, and I love how innocent he is during his interaction with Piggy ("a hug?"). That's one of the keys to Fozzie: he's not dumb, just innocent.

The Kermit-Piggy plot was likely the big draw for everyone, and it's played out very nicely. "You were my favorite show." A cheesy line, but man, I love it!

By the way, so much character growth in one half hour!

The Yolanda bit is humorous (nice to see her in the limelight), and I was so glad to see Sam finally (sort of) get somewhere with Janice. Now that Sam knows his interaction with Chip is what got Janice to talk to him, I wonder if we'll be seeing more Sam-Chip moments further down the road.

I know people have been griping about the Scooter's mom jokes getting old, and I've finally gotten to a point where I have to agree. Thankfully, there's only one in this episode.

10/10 Mistletoes. Oops. 9.5/10. Rowlf ate part of one!

Well, it was a rocky start for these first ten, but the show has certainly reached a point where it feels like a Muppet show rather than a show with the Muppets. Totally psyched for February!

I'd rank all ten, but that would require me to go back and watch every single one of them... actually, that sounds like fun!

Last edited: