The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

christyb

Reaction score
Glad it's not my computer. So wonder who did his voice.....Oh I don't care as long as it's working.

T

timrikthegorf

Animal, Piggy, and Fozzie are performed by Eric Jacobson on the site and from now on. Animal isn't going to sound exactly the same just as Piggy and Fozzie aren't (though the Fozzie on the site sounds exactly like Frank Oz's Fozzie).

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Is it me, or is there an Marvin Suggs sound at the Club Mayhem Remix game at the Miss Piggy picture?

christyb

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Animal, Piggy, and Fozzie are performed by Eric Jacobson on the site and from now on. Animal isn't going to sound exactly the same just as Piggy and Fozzie aren't (though the Fozzie on the site sounds exactly like Frank Oz's Fozzie).
Hmm...Kinda disappointing :cry: . But hey change is good right?? I'll get used to it. The only ones that I thought sounded funny were Gonzo and Animal. Piggy and Fozzie I thought were pretty close to the orginal.

christyb

Reaction score
Not sure. I just thought he sounded a little different. Then again Gonzo's voice has developed over the years. (i.e. he doesn't sound the same in TMM as he does today, etc. )

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOW! WOW! WOW!

THis is the most amazing thing I have seen Muppetwise for years.

I mean, WOW!

Inside the club with the actual puppets cut out from pictures...not drawings...WOW

The Map with a fork in the road...WOW!

Dancign Penguins...WOW! WOW!

T

timrikthegorf

christyb said:
Hmm...Kinda disappointing :cry: . But hey change is good right?? I'll get used to it. The only ones that I thought sounded funny were Gonzo and Animal. Piggy and Fozzie I thought were pretty close to the orginal.

This change has been in place for some time now. Frank OZ wasn't a part of AVMMC.

Yes, Dave still does Gonzo. He's very active with the muppets. The Gonzo voice has changed a lot over time though. If you listen to any character's voice it changes over time when done by the same performer. Even Kermit changed when Jim Henson was alive and performing him.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Once I got it to load, I thought it was a pretty good site. :smile: