The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

dwayne1115

Reaction score
HEY GUYs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed mine to where it says 59 minites HASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IM GOING TO BE ABLE TO SEE IT BEFOR YALL HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I reloaded and it did not change it. But even if it did run off your computer's clock, who computer is right? If I see the counter hit zero and no site is up, then the ocunter would be wrong cause it says it will be here when it hits zero. I hope TMHC launches before I see it say 0:00:00 or else the bottom line is the counter (and the company) lied to me.

T

timrikthegorf

Reloading doesn't work. You have to reset your time zone, hit "ok", close your browser, and open your browser back up and go to the site.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Now I have a new and even bigger problem, when ever I load the page it starts counting down from 15 hours, 12 minutes, and 36 seconds. If I wait 5 minutes and reload the page the counter starts back at 15:12:36. I opened in it one window, waited a while and opened it again in another window; the second window started at 15:12:36 whereas the other counter was at 15:09:11. What is this all about, and are other people having that problem? I think this is The Muppet Holding Company's way of avoiding it hitting zero. But it is ticking me off that no matter when I go there (now, or in 2-hours) the site will be 15:12:36 away.

Now I have the window open and counting down, but I won't close it so it doesn't start over. I really hope we see this site in the next 24-hours.

Now, I am not upset that the site was delayed in launch. I've waited since before July to see the new Muppet's site and I can easily wait another month, or even another year. I don’t care the site was delayed at all. I don't care if we ever see it (I'll get over it).

I would however like to know one thing why The Muppet Holding Company keeps changed the release time for the site, giving false information, and getting Muppet fans hopes up. The countdown ran for over 60 days; why countdown (which seemed to be “accurate” the second) and not live up to what the counter would have you believe?

Why did they create a countdown that was precise when they did not plan to live up to it (twice)? I am not upset, I am just confused. I would like to know why The Muppet Holding Company would make a promise to the Muppet fan community and then change it or break it?

They are not being clear; they are not being honest; they are not being open;they are not being nice; they are not being trustworthy; they are not caring about the fans; they are not being fair ... this scares me if this is how they will treat the Muppet fan community (especially being this is such a small and trivial issue; I would hate to see them handle a big issue)

T

timrikthegorf

it's not the site's problem when you re load. It loads at a certain time. When you reload, it goes back to the exact time that loaded when you first oopened the page. If you close it and open it again it will go to the actual count down. It's like when you reload any flash animation in your browser. It goes back to the start.

Here is my guess as to what is going on. They have a certain time set for the count down. That time is probably 8AM. The problem is, the counter program starts at a time based on your own time zone. So, it's suppose to open at 8AM in the time zone that the holding company is in. It like if you set your alarm to go off at 8AM, but go to another time zone it will go off early or late, but it still won't be 8AM in the time zone the clock was set in. Get it? And I explained the resetting above. If you reload the muppet central front page, the menu starts over again. If you reload a flash game page, it starts over again. Same with this. It's flash so it starts from the place you opened it. It's not resetting, you are resetting it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
So if I visit Muppets.com at 8:00 tonight it says 15:12:36 left until the site opens. Meaning if I do the math 10:12am tommorrow the site will hit zero in my timezone and the site should be up.

Then I visit the site 2-hours later at 10:00 it says 15:12:36 left until the site opens. Meaning if I do the math 12:12pm tommorrow the site will hit zero in my timezone and the site should be up.

If I visit the site 1-hour later at 11:00 it says 15:12:36 left until the site opens. Meaning if I do the math 1:12pm tommorrow the site will hit zero in my timezone and the site should be up.

No matter when I load the site it says 15:12:36. Even if I load the page in a new window, and after restarting my computer. That makes no sense to me. If I leave the window open it counts down regularly. I left it open for an hour until the countdown said 14:12:36 left to go, then I closed the window and went to Muppet.com again and it said 15:12:36 left to go (an hour more than last time I looked). It's not point to a specific time it is always 15:12:36 away when you visit!

The Muppet Holding Company is in the Pacific Time Zone, if the site is planned for a 8am launch there, that would be a 11am launch in the atlantic time zone. But from this point in time (no matter where you are), that would be 13 hours away from what time it is right now. So in the atlantic countdown should say 13-hours (from 10pm-11am) and the pacific countdown should say 13 hours (from 7pm-8pm). It should not matter where you are it should all be the same amount of time away.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Dude calm down your the only one getting obsessed about this.Just chill you'll see the site its problably gonna be crummy any way.just dont think about it.

T

timrikthegorf

It should be the same amount of time IF the clock were based on the paciffic time zone only. It isn't. It's based on your own time zone. It's just a mistake in the flash program I suppose. It's set to go up at 8AM, but it isn't 8AM paciffic time, it's just 8AM. So, for me it's 11AM even though the count down will stop at 8AM.

Get it?

As for it loading at the same time for you, I have no idea whats wrong. Doesn't happen for me. I have 9 hours 30 minutes or so. Still pretty much right on time. I think it's just your computer.

Now chill out. You're way too worked up about this.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I'm not getting stressed about this, I find this "problem" kindda fun, it's like one of those logic problems would you get in school; except this one has no logic to it. I just hope the Muppet Holding Company gets a site up tommorrow or lets up know what is up (not just playing with the countdown again). I could care less if the site is up now, or in two-years...I just enjoy sorting out this little game they are playing with us. It's like a big, puzzle that get's crazier and crazier.

Hey it is giving us something new and crazy to talk about while we wait.