The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I ment my counter has always (and still does) point to that date/time it always has for me (and others who calculated it). I wonder why Warrick's is different.

Mine says 1 Day, 10 Hours and 2 Minutes this is at 2:53am Greenwhich Meantime.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
The mine is different to.The mine says less than 16 hours.
Mine says 19 hours and 44 mins.

Why are they all different, if they should all be counting down to the same time? This is crazy! I really hope tommorrow (Wednesday) we see the site, and not a new countdown :smirk:

christyb

Reaction score
Mine's got approx 19 hrs and 30 mins or so.
This thing better be done tomorrow or I'm gonna be very dissappointed

T

timrikthegorf

is it possible that it's a difference of time zones? Can that de done on the web?

T

timrikthegorf

Ok, I just sent the link to a friend of mine in Cali. He said the time was 20:15 when it was 17:15 for me. So, it's a time zone thing. Perhaps the clock it set according to your own clock on your computer. That would explain all the inconsistencies.

Ok, here is how it works. It goes by the time zone you have set on your computer. When I changed my time zone (not my time, my time zone) the clock changed to match. The site counts down to 8AM for everyone. It's YOUR 8AM in your own time zone. Now, I assume that if you want to cheat you can reset your time zone to GMT+13.

Now, I just did that and all I get is a 0 count on the clock. So, I guess you can't cheat. When is it really suppose to open? I have no idea now. I do know that it is suppose to open at 8AM tomorrow morning according to everyone's count down.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I changed the time zone (and the time) on my computer to see what happend and it did not change what the countdown said.

My friend who lives in another timezone has the same time as I do, yet my other friend who lives in the same timezone as me has a different time. I don't think it is timezones or your computers clock.

If that theory was true, people in New York will be able to see the new site launch 4-hours before people in California. That makes no sence, because once it is uploaded and opened everyone, everywhere would have access to it at the same time.

Less than 1,000 mins. left!

T

timrikthegorf

But I changed it and it worked. Did you reload or close your browser and open the site in a new window?