The Muppets Blu-ray Easter Eggs

Dearth

Reaction score

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The only Easter egg I'm interested in, if you have the blueray edition of The Muppets 2011, is where I possibly got an unknowing shoutout from Jason and Nick and James when talking about Muppet trivia during the special commentaries. Could you get me an audio rip of this to confirm said mention? Thanks. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, that link shows up a blank page, unless it's just images with no text. *Still trying to get that dern audio rip! :grr:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only Easter egg I'm interested in, if you have the blueray edition of The Muppets 2011, is where I possibly got an unknowing shoutout from Jason and Nick and James when talking about Muppet trivia during the special commentaries. Could you get me an audio rip of this to confirm said mention? Thanks. :batty:
Director James Bobin mentions both Muppet Central and Muppet Wiki by name while discussing Muppet trvia. It's on the audio commentary when Gary, Amy and Walter are outside Kermit's house, the electric fence scene.

Ed, Easter Egg listings are also here if you can't see the above image.

Dearth

Reaction score
My friend just gave me these directions to the Easter Eggs:

1) from "Play" press Right + Up an egg will appear press enter
(extended "Forget You" by Camilla and friends)

2) from "Bonus" press Right an egg will appear press enter
(JG talking about permits)

3) from "Bonus" press Left + Down + Left an egg will appear press enter
(Miss Poogy: The Oinkerview)

4) from “Setup”, press Left x2 (2 times) + Up an egg will appear press enter
(JG and Muppet James Bobin look at the set)

Alex

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil... The reason I ask for that audio rip in particular is because I was informed by fellow forum members newsmanfan and Ruahnna that the trio of Jason, Nick, and James say that "when it comes to Muppet trivia, they wouldn't want to go up against that guy named Ed from Muppet Central and Muppet Wiki."

As you can guess, this was a second welcome surprise claim to Muppetdom fame, after getting my name on the Special Thanks section on the back of the Stepping Out Bunsen & Beaker 2-pack packaging from Palisades Toys back in 2003. And because I don't have the blueray nor a blueray player, I'm trying to get the specific segment of audio commentary that mentions my name (if true) to share with my family and close friends.

Yes, I plan on getting the DVD... Eventually. But for now I'd be satisfied with said clip. So I hope any one of my forum friends who have access to both the blueray edition and some sort of audio ripping tech can help me with my request.

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks for the above links... I hadn't followed them when I posted my last update. They contain directions to a fifth Easter Egg, so I was able to return the favor to my buddy and tell him one he hadn't found.

Count, I listened to some of the commentary listening for that quote, but I haven't located it for you yet. If I can find it, I'll figure out some way to get it to ya!

Alex

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Alex, hope you do indeed find it. :fanatic:

Dearth

Reaction score
I found a very similar quote, but sorry to report they don't say "Ed", at least not in the scene I just watched.

When Gary has just scrunched Walter into a ball to throw him over the electric fence outside Kermit's mansion, on the commentary track Jason Segel says that the gag harkens back to Kermit's leg being rolled up during his post-amnesia exam in Muppets Take Manhattan.

James Bobin counters by pointing out that the Kermit scene itself harkened back to Gonzo being contorted in the Rudolph Nureyev episode of the Muppet Show.

Feeling that Bobin has shown him up, Segel mutters, "We're on the same team."

Bobin then says, "Ah, the Muppets quiz team. How we would be beaten by the men from MuppetWiki. And MuppetCentral."

I've played it back several times transcribing it, and it always sounds like 'the men'.

That doesn't mean there's not an 'Ed' mention somewhere else, and your friends confused the two quotes. I haven't listened to the entire commentary track today, just a few scenes.

Alex