The Muppets at Disney Parks

MWoO

Reaction score
As far as the Muppets in Disney parks in concerned I am just basing my opinion on past actions. There has been a systematic elimination of the Muppets from Disney Studios. The only reason MV3D us still around is because it is still popular. Almost every other Muppet theming has been removed from the area.

Im genuinely surprised the Muppet Moments in History is still a thing. Probably because it is the only draw for that area of Magic Kingdom.

Maybe I will be surprised again and the next land at Disney Studios will be a full on Muppet Studios back lot themed area and Muppet Vision will be relocated there.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Not if or when they finally get to break away from the merch division.

All the more reason to hope the Muppets will eventually leave the merch divisions behind so they c

Disagree. Bad and short-sighted ideas all around.
Yeah, Disney would be the best home for The Muppets in my opinion. The Muppets Studio should also be an independent subsidiary like Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Pixar someday.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, Disney would be the best home for The Muppets in my opinion. The Muppets Studio should also be an independent subsidiary like Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Pixar someday.
Problem is the projects that the Muppets do dont make nearly enough of a return vs the investment put into them. As a studio the Muppets would flat out fail compared to the others.

I dont know the specifics, but I assume the reason Disney puts the Muppets under merch is because the merch sales are funding the projects as opposed to the projects funding themselves. I assume its kind of like how Sesame Street has to fund itself through merch.

Frankly, the Muppets just are not profitable for Disney outside of merch. They are too expensive.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Problem is the projects that the Muppets do dont make nearly enough of a return vs the investment put into them. As a studio the Muppets would flat out fail compared to the others.

I dont know the specifics, but I assume the reason Disney puts the Muppets under merch is because the merch sales are funding the projects as opposed to the projects funding themselves. I assume its kind of like how Sesame Street has to fund itself through merch.

Frankly, the Muppets just are not profitable for Disney outside of merch. They are too expensive.
Oh... I see.

Duke Remington

Reaction score

That’s why we all need to hope that any and all upcoming Muppets projects will make enough money so The Muppets Studio can be able to separate itself from Disney Consumer Products and become independent with the ability to sustain itself.

And all the fickle fanboys and fangirls out there need to knock it off with the “I won’t watch it” garbage and other such bits of bellyaching just because they’re doing things with the characters that they personally don’t approve of, interacting with celebrities they don’t like, still refusing to get over the firing of Steve Whitmire, etc. If those average joes knew all that, they would probably be more supportive of the Muppets no matter what!

Not to mention that we would get even more new Muppet stuff on a regular consistent basis if The Muppets Studio were to become independent like Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc. and be fully free to do things their own way.

Last edited: