The Muppets at Disney Parks

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Do you guys think muppet vision 3-d's days at Hollywood Studios are numbered? What ideas would you guys come up with to add more muppet stuff to the park.

MWoO

Reaction score
Apparently Muppet Vision 3D has been officially replaced at Disneyland and buts and pieces are being hacked away at Disney Studios in Florida to make way for Star Wars so... yeah probably some time soon the Muppets will be gone almost entirely.

Its a real shame that Disney doesn't use the Muppets in any real way at the parks. If anything screams "theme park decor" its the Muppets. There are so many ways thet could do a muppet restaurant, but they did a fairly generic pizza place instead.

So many ideas for Muppet attractions if they just tried:

Beau's Crazy Taxi, where they do a mr toads kind of ride through london, ending in the lobby of the happiness hotel and an animatronic Beau, Fozzie, Kermit, and Gonzo join you in the car providing commentary

Kermit's Rainbow Connection where you basically go through the ending to the first movie with all the Muppets singing rainbow connection. The sets already look like they are from a theme park ride.

Gonzos Free Fall, a ride that is like those parachute jump rides, only they forgot the parachute so instead its a chicken attached to you that frantically flaps its wings over your head

Fly Zucchini Brothers roller coaster, where you ride in a canon ball shaped car (though if real, it would probably be Gonzo themed). It can even have Crazy Harry being the one who operates the ride, setting off the canon that launches your car.

Plus all the passive decor and shows they could have. Why do you hate The Muppets so much Disney?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Muppet bias aside, what disrespect to Jim Henson to remove that attraction from the parks; I'm thankful to have seen it in person more than once. :cry:

Its a real shame that Disney doesn't use the Muppets in any real way at the parks. If anything screams "theme park decor" its the Muppets. There are so many ways thet could do a muppet restaurant, but they did a fairly generic pizza place instead.
And the fact they used it to replace Pizza Planet grinds my gears even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

MWoO

Reaction score
And the fact they used it to replace Pizza Planet grinds my gears even more.
They didnt really replace it. Pizza Planet got relocated to Toy Story land. What I dont get is why they spent time, money, and effort on a totally generic looking "Muppet" restaurant.

It seems like the Muppets are being squeezed at both ends by Star Wars. On one side they have the star wars movie attraction, on the other they have star wars land opening, and in the middle is Muppet Vision 3D with a lot of the Muppet theming getting removed to the point where they can just swap out what's in the building at any time and not miss a beat.

Apparently MV3D is the last of the original attractions at the park. It still draws a fair crowd, even with the area being gutted. Unless the close all the star wars stuff outside of the star wars area, MV3D is almost certain to be squeezed out.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh, and if Disney ever gains the rights to use the Marvel logo and characters in their parks (currently they are contracted to universal) I bet we never see another Muppet in the parks ever again.

Disney should just lease the Muppets out to universal studios as part of a deal for Marvel in the parks.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Oh, and if Disney ever gains the rights to use the Marvel logo and characters in their parks (currently they are contracted to universal) I bet we never see another Muppet in the parks ever again.

Disney should just lease the Muppets out to universal studios as part of a deal for Marvel in the parks.
I think Disney will sell the rights to the Simpsons to universal to get all of the marvel rights back. Maybe Marvel can be the 5th park at WDW thats been rumored for a while.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Even if that doesn't happen it sure makes a lot of sense.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Disney owns Fox now and that comes with The Simpsons. I wonder how that contract is worded.

Selling the rights for Muppet theme park attractions to Universal would actually help Disney. Apparently they are part of the merch division, if Universal had the Muppets they would sell a ton of merch which means Disney makes money. Apparently Disney makes money off of the Marvel merch sold there.

Frankly, as far as theme parks go, The Muppets fit better with universal. Disney is mostly fantasy and story book stuff. The Muppets are mostly real life settings with puppets. If anything, what Disney left with the JHC is more fitting for Disney. Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Story Teller, etc. These properties fit more into what Disney wants now over the Muppets.

Universal is all about movies being made, like a back lot. That was the original idea behind MGM studios as well, which makes it a perfect Muppet park. Now, MGM is Disney Studios and is turning into a hub for "insert property land here". Toy story Land, Cars Land, Star Wars Land. The theming is changing and it doesn't fit The Muppets anymore.

The Muppets would.fit in perfectly at Universal studios as their own park that is almost a parody of Universal. A Fozzie animatronic could host a studio tour and get all the info wrong. The Muppets can star in various movie parodies, like Animal in Jaws. Rides based in Muppet Movies would fit in much better there too.

Eh... anyhoo... it won't happen to no reason to get myself worked up over it.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Selling the rights for Muppet theme park attractions to Universal would actually help Disney. Apparently they are part of the merch division, if Universal had the Muppets they would sell a ton of merch which means Disney makes money. Apparently Disney makes money off of the Marvel merch sold there.
Not if or when they finally get to break away from the merch division.

Frankly, as far as theme parks go, The Muppets fit better with universal. Disney is mostly fantasy and story book stuff. The Muppets are mostly real life settings with puppets. If anything, what Disney left with the JHC is more fitting for Disney. Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Story Teller, etc. These properties fit more into what Disney wants now over the Muppets.

Universal is all about movies being made, like a back lot. That was the original idea behind MGM studios as well, which makes it a perfect Muppet park. Now, MGM is Disney Studios and is turning into a hub for "insert property land here". Toy story Land, Cars Land, Star Wars Land. The theming is changing and it doesn't fit The Muppets anymore.

The Muppets would.fit in perfectly at Universal studios as their own park that is almost a parody of Universal. A Fozzie animatronic could host a studio tour and get all the info wrong. The Muppets can star in various movie parodies, like Animal in Jaws. Rides based in Muppet Movies would fit in much better there too.

All the more reason to hope the Muppets will eventually leave the merch divisions behind so they c
Oh yeah, Disney owns Fox now and that comes with The Simpsons. I wonder how that contract is worded.

Disagree. Bad and short-sighted ideas all around.

MWoO

Reaction score
Id rather short sighted ideas than no ideas, which is what Disney seems to have right now