The Muppets 50th Anniversary

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
We all know that The Muppets 50th Anniversary is coming up soon, and it needs to be marked with something special!

I think that there should be a Special made similar to ‘The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years’ , With The Muppet Show cast as the hosts.

A ballroom full of tables, and floors on different levels with chandeliers and curtains and everything, all decorated really classy.
On each table is a different group of Muppets from certain productions. There should be at least four Muppets there to represent each production.

Muppets should be represented from these Productions –

• Sam and Friends
  • Tales of The Tinkerdee
  • Hey Cinderella
  • The Great Santa Claus Switch
  • The Frog Prince
  • Muppet Musicians of Bremen
  • Saturday Night Live's 'Land of Gorch'
  • Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
  • The Tale of The Bunny Picnic
  • Jim Henson's Christmas Toy
  • Puppetman
  • Fraggle Rock
  • The Storyteller
  • The Jim Henson Hour
  • Jim Henson's Play Along Video Series
  • Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters
  • The Ghost Of Faffner Hall
  • Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories
  • Dinosaurs
  • Aliens In the Family
  • Jim Henson's Dog City
  • The Brats of Lost Nebula
  • CityKids
  • Jim Henson's Animal Show
  • Billy Bunny's Animal Songs
  • The Wubbulous World of Dr Seuss
  • Jim Henson's The Hoobs
  • Jim Henson's Mopatops Shop
  • Telling Stories of Tommie Depaola
  • Jim Henson's Bear In The Big Blue House
  • Jim Henson's Construction Site
  • Jim Henson's Animal Jam
  • Farscape
  • Labyrinth
  • The Dark Crystal
  • Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird
  • Muppet Treasure Island
  • Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Muppets From Space
  • Muppets Tonight
  • Sesame Street

• And Muppet Babies too, They would have to be Puppet or worked in some other way though.

There should also be a table with Muppets that Henson have made for other companies like Flat Eric, Bad Andy, Monkey and more sitting around it.

They could show clips of most of the shows, and just really do what they did with ’The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years’ , But just update it.

Does anyone have any thing else to add?

A

Agentflash

You forgot to add "The Muppet Show", "The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss", and "Brats of the Lost Nebula".

Super Scooter

Reaction score
They could make it a 3 hour special! Man, that sounds great!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

The Muppet Show Muppets would be the hosts, Just like The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years.

I added those two shows, Its hard to remember all the shows, there are so many !

see ya

King Prawn

Reaction score
In my opinion i'd like only muppets from puppets show to be their, I don't really see the need to add characters such as lets say Farscape, i've never seen the show in my life but i do know that some puppets are involved but those kind of puppets sitting next to Big Bird would look... what's the wrod i'm looking for... nice?

Anyway i even doubt Sesame Street would be there because of those morons at EMTV.

I think if they were to go in the direction of The Muppets Celebrate 30 Years, they should only use Characters which are Muppets such as Kermit's been in the story with them.

such as:

Hey Cinderella
The Frog Prince
The Muppet Show
Muppets Tonight

and possibly Fraggle Rock & BITBBH, they could show clips from The Hoobs, Farscape and such other shows but i'd keep it actually to The Muppets we can expect in the Palisades Line.

Just my thoughts... i know alot of fans would like to see a big crossover with loads of characters.

What i think would be a great special is if they were attending Cliffords Funeral (just kidding, i like the purple guy, not much purple in the muppets)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Muppets are 50! WOW!!!

:wink: I think they should just have the same charaters as they did with the other speical. I know that most of the charaters are no longer around but have someone else play them. And let it be at that. So everybody whose was in the first speical let them be there too.:excited:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Actually, Ernie, the Muppets won't technically be 50 till 2005. Warrick's just getting a big head start. :smirk:

I'd want to see all the regular Muppets from all the main series, including Sesame Street. They could pay Sesame Workshop a nominal fee to use the characters (or the characters may simply appear courtesy of the Workshop); it wouldn't be a big deal. The Henson corporation has always maintained a good relationship with Sesame Workshop, even after the sale of the characters. For instance, Kermit appeared all week on the "Hurricane" episodes of Sesame Street after the sale, even though technically he's now more a TMS character than a Sesame character.

The classic Muppets should host, of course, and the audience should be filled with Sesame characters and Bear characters and Fraggles and random Muppets from other productions. Not every single show has to be represented (they may not have any CityKids puppets anymore -- and since the show only lasted for two episodes, is it really necessary anyway?). But the majority of recent or most famous shows should be represented. And of course Sam and Friends should make an appearance again, and maybe Wilkin and Wontkins too.

While I do believe the Creature Shop (i.e. Farscape, Dark Crystal and Labyrinth) should be briefly touched upon (since this is a celebration of the birth of the entire Henson creative franchise), I agree that those characters shouldn't appear in the audience. It would be too jarring of an effect, I think, and make the Creatures look ridiculous next to the Muppets and vice versa. Maybe instead, there could be a "surprise" special transmission from Moya, with Pilot introducing the Creature Shop segment and wondering how all the little goblins got in the ship?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tom,

Great idea !
Pilot introducing the Creature Shop creations would be a great way to get them in there.

see ya

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think it is a great idea, sign me on as an extra puppeteer!!!

There would be simply hundreds of puppets there.

I think at the end they should all begin to chat to one another.

How about this idea now I mention it.

It could be set at a sort of party. All the muppets as mentioned above could be sat round tables and the camera could pan around them for the whole time as they all discus different things with clips of what they discuss coming in now and then and a couple of songs, then we could have speeches made by ten or so prominent caracters. then we could have a final song then someone could bring in the giant cake decorated with all the different caracters drawn on in icing with Kermit and Miss Piggy on top. The they could blow out the fifty candles and the room goes dark: THE END