The Muppets (2011) Movie News

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm just really glad that our work on "The Laramie Project" ends the day before this comes out, otherwise I would do bad things to our directors...:shifty:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I'm just really glad that our work on "The Laramie Project" ends the day before this comes out, otherwise I would do bad things to our directors...:shifty:
That's a terribly odd coincidence! Same here! lol. I'm not in it, but I am doing publicity.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The new commercials keep-a-comin'.

At least two new tv spots debuted today. One of them i only caught the tail end of so details on it will have to be forthcoming. But the other is a one-minute spot which, even though there are a few shots in it we haven't seen yet, isn't too bad of a "spoiler" ad since the bulk of it is interview clips of The Muppets (in the director chairs we've seen in some other promos) titled "Working With The Muppets"...there's soundbites from Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Floyd and Animal. Animal pretty much steals the show throughout the entire trailer.

Oddly enough, for a new ad, it had the "old" version of the arches shot in it (with the white background and the disproportionately small Beaker)

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The new commercials keep-a-comin'.

At least two new tv spots debuted today. One of them i only caught the tail end of so details on it will have to be forthcoming. But the other is a one-minute spot which, even though there are a few shots in it we haven't seen yet, isn't too bad of a "spoiler" ad since the bulk of it is interview clips of The Muppets (in the director chairs we've seen in some other promos) titled "Working With The Muppets"...there's soundbites from Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Floyd and Animal. Animal pretty much steals the show throughout the entire trailer.

Oddly enough, for a new ad, it had the "old" version of the arches shot in it (with the white background and the disproportionately small Beaker)
I suppose those new spots don't reveal anymore returning minor characters. Right?

If so, I guess that just renews my gut feeling that they really are trying really hard to withhold as many surprises as possible until the film hits the theaters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If so, I guess that just renews my gut feeling that they really are trying really hard to withhold as many surprises as possible until the film hits the theaters.
I'm wondering... is the empty archway a tactic to hide special characters OR (more likely to me) was it just unfinished footage that was just available at the time of the trailer, and they just stuck with that footage because it was easily available? I swear I saw some trailer of some movie with an unfinished scene in it before...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm wondering... is the empty archway a tactic to hide special characters OR (more likely to me) was it just unfinished footage that was just available at the time of the trailer, and they just stuck with that footage because it was easily available? I swear I saw some trailer of some movie with an unfinished scene in it before...
Somebody on the Tough Pigs forum said that after reading the junior novelization the empty arches make more sense, though I read the whole thing and didn't notice anything that made it make sense. But we only have a month and a week to go!

dwmckim

Reaction score
An educated guess on my part (meaning i've read one of the early drafts of the script...which doesn't mean as much as you'd think since A LOT has changed between early draft and final cut - as is usually the case.):

I'm guessing the arches won't be empty in the movie...and what will be IN those empty arches is (a) something that really is best left unspoiled; it HAS to be experienced first-hand viewing and (b) if the ads DID spoil it, it would be really odd out of context.

I'm also guessing that there are actually more empty arches in the preview shots than there need to be just for the purpose of misdirection and generating "buzz" among the fanbase.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Domination Has Begun!!

All the taxi cab sign tops and bus shelter photos are Muppetized in SF!! Walking home from my job at 3 AM on Friday night was made bearable from all the close-cropped Muppet eyes peeping at me from passing cabs! I ❤ this movie promotion.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Cannot WAIT for full-blown Muppet promotion to hit the UK!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet Domination Has Begun!!

All the taxi cab sign tops and bus shelter photos are Muppetized in SF!! Walking home from my job at 3 AM on Friday night was made bearable from all the close-cropped Muppet eyes peeping at me from passing cabs! I ❤ this movie promotion.
I didn't get that yet. maybe it takes a while for it to migrate eastward? I did see a shrinkwrapped back of the bus Puss in Boots come out a few weeks ago. I'd hope to see Kermit and Piggy and Gonzo on the back of one soon.