The MuppetCast - Show #85 - Introducing Muppet Studios!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... You gotten the Bear T-Day songs? Not sure what if any I may have to contribute, but I'll help out if/when I can. And congrats on reaching the 700 mark.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
muppet_dk, I will email and ask DMS about the international Muppets.com issues and relay their answer. Also, I don't have a crystal ball on me (left it at the office), but I think I can reassure you that what happened with the Fraggle situation will not happen with the Muppet Show. I don't work for Disney and have no access to the Muppet Secret Plans (or "MSP", similar to ESP but it's a little more fuzzy), but that's the indication that I've gotten.
I'm also sure that they are to smart to do the HIT stunt, but one never knowes so it could have been a good question to ask. I've heard the interview one more time, and I do think she got over the question about the use of kermit in chirstmas toy and emmet otter quite fast, without really making a comment of the cutting of Kermit. A good follow up question to this could have been about the chances for a realease of Muppets Family Christmas.

I hope that it's not the last time you get a chance to talk with her.

BTW about the international block, I have an idea my self that it's there due to copyright issues to some of the content on the portal site. It might not be to any of the Muppet material, but propperly on some of the other content on the non muppet part of the site. And it's easier to make a block on the entire site rather than just a part of it. I will look forward to a more official answer to this if you mange to get it.

So until they decide to give us access we will have to continue to use various proxy sites and backdoors to the muppet content..

dwmckim

Reaction score
Had to get over to the library to listen to this one since it was my original idea/request to snag an interview with LB - i've had a really good feeling about her overall and after hearing an actual interview with her i feel more confident as ever as her being the head of Muppets Studios.

Though i did catch her non-answer to the Emmet/Christmas Toy question - i actually kinda got the sense that she wasn't actually even sure what the question was about as she seemed to be talking like Emmet was a new project Henson was doing independant of the Muppets! So either she was really clueless on that question or she was trying to pull a Sarah Palin-style ("i don't like this question so i'll incoherently babble about something else and try to bring it around to something totally different") avoidababble or a combination of the two. So i did lose just a smidgen of respect there, but otherwise i still am really glad she's the current head!

chrislynch

Reaction score
muppetcast?

Does anyone know how I can listen to the episode 85?
I tried to click on the link and it directs me to muppetcentral

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure what you're clicking on. I'm testing episode 85 on muppetcast.com and I hear the episode. Can you tell me what/where you're clicking? Hopefully I can help :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I can help. See, at the bottom of the MuppetCast's website's page there are two headings with show/episode links. The first is titled Muppet Central Posts, if you click on the Episode 85 link it'll take you back to this thread. But there's a second heading titled Recent Show Releases. If you search there and click on the Episode 85 link, that'll take you to the archived heading with show notes and links to download or start playing it from your computer.

Hope this helps. :big_grin: