The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 10 - Kenny Rogers

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 4 Episode 10 - Kenny Rogers
US/New York Premiere: Thursday October 18, 1979
Disney+ Premiere: Friday February 19, 2021

When Scooter's uncle sells the mineral rights to guest star Kenny Rogers' dressing room, indoor oil drilling causes comedic chaos! Meanwhile, after poor Kermit tumbles off a trapeze, gets bounced from his hospital bed, falls down a flight of stairs (thanks to Foo-Foo!) and is clobbered by a faulty light fixture, can Kenny keep the show on track?

Watch on Disney+

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This episode is available on the "Best of the Mupet Show" DVD collection Volume 11 originally released in 2001.

If you saw "The Muppet Show" with Kenny Rogers on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was surprised, I expected the Arabs oil plotline to be in more of the episode then it actually was, and the "Kermit gets injured" plotline to be featured less than it was.

After reading the description/rundown on the Muppet Home Page episode guide (and having been familiar with quite a few of the bits via Meet the Muppets), I figured that would be the plot, but then the description in the Kermitage episode guide (which comes from the Muppetzine guide) focused more on the oil plot with just a small mention of Kermit's ordeal, which made me think that other plot was more prominent. And now I know a lot better!

I guess I knew about the old men having Muppet hands and just forgot, but it is really weird here. And seeing their long bodies, I wondered if it was like the full sized hillbilly from "Put Another Log on the Fire" or if any were full bodied costumes with masks (I knew one of them was a regular puppet). One of them kind of looks like Frank Oz (and I think that is his performing style). Unlike with The Swedish Chef, this makes me think more about when William Wegman had his dogs dressed in human clothes with humans using their hands for the dogs hands.