The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppetology 101: Recasting of Muppet Show Characters, Part 2 - Frank Oz

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/01/muppetology-101-recasting-of-muppet_31.html
I don't think Frank Oz physically performed Animal or Sam (maybe not Fozzie) in Muppets from Space, as he looped the voices of his characters for most of that production, though I've read that he did perform for at least one day (I assume Miss Piggy... the behind-the-scene book shows an image of Frank Oz on the UFO Mania set).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:embarrassed:: Hiya hiya hiya Mr. Prawn...
Sorry Ima late, I got a note from my muddah.

Dear Mr. Prawn:

Please excuse my boy from your class and all other school-related or work-inducing activities.

Signed:
Epstein's, er, Fozzie's Muddah.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another good article... Couple of things I noticed.

Where it says "Performed By...", uh, did you mean to say Jerry Nelson? Because I find it odd that it's listed as Louis Kazagger being performed by his own self.
Where it says "he spoke with a nasal", a nasal "what"? It just continues to the rest of the sentence.

Other than that, it's a good job and I really do appreciate all the effort contributors put into continuing the WMW's, completing a full seven series of twelve articles each.
Thanks to everybody. :jim:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Where it says "Performed By...", uh, did you mean to say Jerry Nelson? Because I find it odd that it's listed as Louis Kazagger being performed by his own self.
Where it says "he spoke with a nasal", a nasal "what"? It just continues to the rest of the sentence.
Both have been corrected, with "nasal" changed to "nasally voice". Though I thought that a nasal was just a term for a type of voice (is nasal used for other things?).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, Professor Dosier... I noticed you mentioned that Janice didn't speak again in puppet form until 2002 in VMMC (Very Merry Muppet Christmas), her voice provided by "Jim" Henson. Did you mean to say "Brian" Henson instead, as his father, Jim, was already dead for a full dozen years since 1990 by then?
Also, in the presentation on Sweetums... It might be worth pointing out that the Muppet monster's first onscreen appearance was in 1971's The Frog Prince where he was puppeteered by Jerry Nelson inside the suit and voiced by Carl Banas.

Good lecture, I'm sure all the people over in the RHLC will be thrilled with the transcript of this class.
:wink: :eek: :boo: :flirt: :grr:

Edit 1: Hm, thought this was a sticky already.
Edit 2: Apparently I'm unable to stick threads anymore. You'll have to contact Phil about this instead, sorry. :grouchy: