The Muppet Central Mysteries

gravy

Reaction score
I probably shouldn’t bump this thread but I need a short summary of what this conversation is about because I don’t feel like finding out by myself right now.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You guys are crazy scared of thread bumps... bump away! I don't care how old something is; if you have something to say, bump it. The last post was only two days before the bump.

Like we literally have a thread dedicated to shitposting and everyone gets super stingy over bumps; I will admit some of the stuff is ridiculous where a member you never see casually drops in on a decade-old conversation to add something really trivial though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You guys are crazy scared of thread bumps...

I will admit some of the stuff is ridiculous where a member you never see casually drops in on a decade-old conversation to add something really trivial though.
That's where we draw the line.

If somebody actually has something to add to an old thread, yeah, we don't mind that, but it's the bumping of extremely old threads to not even add anything worthwhile to the conversation that we don't care for, and that there was a point in time where that was happening around here a lot.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I just think it’s hilarious when they think the thread poster is still online.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hi there! You can count me as one of the old guard, second generation, to be exact. I'm back after another long and semi-unplanned absence, and was looking for a good place to make my entrance, lol.

On TA: Don't quote me on this, (not literally), but I also recall an incident shortly after he disappeared, where either Kevin or Ed mentioned that they had actually made contact with him, and he specifically asked people not to mention him again. Yeah, like us all forgetting about him was gonna happen... As for his purpose in joining, well at least that one's easy. In fact you answered that question yourself in the beginning of the story. Maybe he wasn't aware of it himself, and yes, this is the spiritual, Mokeyesque side of me speaking, but I believe his purpose was in fact to bring us out of our shells, make us more comfortable around each other, and generally get things moving around here. I joined in 2005, the year he was here, and I think it took me a year to reach 100 posts. I was so very shy and unsure of myself, and I'm sure the main reason I even made that much of a head start was because of him.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hi there! You can count me as one of the old guard, second generation, to be exact. I'm back after another long and semi-unplanned absence, and was looking for a good place to make my entrance, lol.

On TA: Don't quote me on this, (not literally), but I also recall an incident shortly after he disappeared, where either Kevin or Ed mentioned that they had actually made contact with him, and he specifically asked people not to mention him again. Yeah, like us all forgetting about him was gonna happen... As for his purpose in joining, well at least that one's easy. In fact you answered that question yourself in the beginning of the story. Maybe he wasn't aware of it himself, and yes, this is the spiritual, Mokeyesque side of me speaking, but I believe his purpose was in fact to bring us out of our shells, make us more comfortable around each other, and generally get things moving around here. I joined in 2005, the year he was here, and I think it took me a year to reach 100 posts. I was so very shy and unsure of myself, and I'm sure the main reason I even made that much of a head start was because of him.
On bumping: I know it tends to be a somewhat controversial subject, both here and on the internet in general. I remember discussions on that back in the day, and someone, I'm sure it was Kevin this time, saying that while it was frowned on on other forums, the staff here would rather see posts bumped than several threads created on the same subject. My own thoughts, if it's just spam then it's unappreciated, but if you've actually got something to say on the topic, do it. And honestly, I don't think many people would consider a few days a bump.