1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppet Central Mysteries

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 8, 2018.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I probably shouldn’t bump this thread but I need a short summary of what this conversation is about because I don’t feel like finding out by myself right now.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's an active thread.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  3. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

No soup for you.

Fragglemuppet likes this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

But you just have to read the first post tho?

newsmanfan likes this.
  5. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

i only watch seinfeld occasionally
    well i was too tired to
    yeah i was hESITANT cause the last post was on monday

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy scared of thread bumps... bump away! I don't care how old something is; if you have something to say, bump it. The last post was only two days before the bump.

Like we literally have a thread dedicated to shitposting and everyone gets super stingy over bumps; I will admit some of the stuff is ridiculous where a member you never see casually drops in on a decade-old conversation to add something really trivial though.

newsmanfan and Fragglemuppet like this.
  7. D'Snowth

That's where we draw the line.

If somebody actually has something to add to an old thread, yeah, we don't mind that, but it's the bumping of extremely old threads to not even add anything worthwhile to the conversation that we don't care for, and that there was a point in time where that was happening around here a lot.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  8. Old Thunder

I just think it’s hilarious when they think the thread poster is still online.

9. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Hi there! You can count me as one of the old guard, second generation, to be exact. I'm back after another long and semi-unplanned absence, and was looking for a good place to make my entrance, lol.

On TA: Don't quote me on this, (not literally), but I also recall an incident shortly after he disappeared, where either Kevin or Ed mentioned that they had actually made contact with him, and he specifically asked people not to mention him again. Yeah, like us all forgetting about him was gonna happen... As for his purpose in joining, well at least that one's easy. In fact you answered that question yourself in the beginning of the story. Maybe he wasn't aware of it himself, and yes, this is the spiritual, Mokeyesque side of me speaking, but I believe his purpose was in fact to bring us out of our shells, make us more comfortable around each other, and generally get things moving around here. I joined in 2005, the year he was here, and I think it took me a year to reach 100 posts. I was so very shy and unsure of myself, and I'm sure the main reason I even made that much of a head start was because of him.

10. Fragglemuppet

On bumping: I know it tends to be a somewhat controversial subject, both here and on the internet in general. I remember discussions on that back in the day, and someone, I'm sure it was Kevin this time, saying that while it was frowned on on other forums, the staff here would rather see posts bumped than several threads created on the same subject. My own thoughts, if it's just spam then it's unappreciated, but if you've actually got something to say on the topic, do it. And honestly, I don't think many people would consider a few days a bump.

11. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Id rather see a thread get bumped than a section die off. These boards arent dead, but they arent terribly active either. Its more or less the same people posting in the same threads, often not Muppet related. Bumping an old thread is ok by me. But yes, spam of any kind is annoying.

Heck, i bumped a 4 year old thread with an update on a 4 year old custom figure (that no one seems to want), but the section was so dead it was still on the first page.

LittleJerry92 and Fragglemuppet like this.
  12. Fragglemuppet

Sorry to hear that. Did you ever manage to sell it?

13. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no. I made it specifically to be produced multiple times specifically due to people saying they wanted one. Even 4 years later people here, on Tough Pigs, and on "The Muppet Collection Page" said they liked it, wanted one, and said it was reasonably priced. Normally a high detail resin cast fully figure that is also fully painted would be $50 or more. I'm asking for less than half that just for material costs, not even including the hours it takes to make each one. Still no takers. It's rather disheartening, but also completely understandable. Regardless of personal reasons, it took me 4 years to finish it. I can't really expect people to still be interested.

I am still glad I dug it up from the grave and finished it. I have a final version proudly displayed with my Palisades mini Muppets and I really enjoy him. I'm especially happy that I re-sculpted his face.

Still, I get easily discouraged and a lack of interest is keeping me from starting another project I sketched up a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]
    Borrowing again from a Palisades idea, I thought it would be neat to make an ornament sized Santa Chef, complete with a bag full of singing food, a reindeer chicken or two, and a bag of flour spilled on the ground acting as snow. I have the cabbage, scallions, and eggplant in there for personal reasons as those were the characters I sculpted for Palisades. It always brings me joy when I see a new picture pop up of someone's collection that includes those 3.

Sorry for the slight thread derailment.

14. D'Snowth

I remember we were asked not to mention him by his real name, as again, that allegedly was the reason behind his disappearance - he was sharing too much of his personal information on the internet (name, age, where he lived, etc.), which his parents were not happy about, since he was still a kid at the time, and this was back when the internet was a place where you never share any of that information, because predators will find you and try to harm you.

15. Old Thunder

I think it’s far better to bump a thread than create a new one, as that just clusters up the boards and god knows MC has too many threads as it is. That said, it’s hilarious how many times someone will bump up an old thread and say nothing of note and / or not realize that the original posters have long since left. That’s not offensive, but pointless and a good laugh.

16. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Wow; is that the extent of the work you did for them?

17. Fragglemuppet

By the way, Snowth, good choice on the music. Listening to it even put me on edge, and that doesn't happen easily.

18. D'Snowth

Sometimes I think it helps to have a little ambience/mood music when reading.

19. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

By the way whatever happened to Kevin a.k.a. FozzieBear?

20. D'Snowth

He's still around, he's just more active outside MC. He's on Facebook regularly; his and his roommate's dog has been going through cancer treatments as of late.