The Muppet Central Mysteries

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Chapter 3: The Stalkers

These particular scenarios delve into some more personal matters among certain members - most of whom are no longer on this forum, though some who may still be (if not regularly active); for the sake of privacy, and to avoid possibly reopening any old wounds, the names of these people have been changed.

Back in the older days of the internet, a common feature websites had were guestbooks. Anyone remember those? Like the way guestbooks work in the real world, website guestbooks were essentially pages where people who have visited websites could leave their name and a comment about the site they visited. MC had something like this, only a lot more fun and interactive. You know how way back when, when people had correspondance all over the world, they would usually have a big wall map, and place a thumbtack or a pushpin in those specific parts of the map, then attach a piece of yarn to a picture of the correspondant in that area? Once upon a time, MC had something like that, only a virtual guestmap globe where members could pin their locations on the virtual globe, along with their picture and whatever little comments they wanted to leave.

Unfortunately, this brought some unwanted attention for one former MC member, a lady we'll call "Delores." Keep in mind, this was also back during a time when social media wasn't really a thing - sure, we had MySpace, but this was still during a time when the general rule of being on the internet was not to reveal who you really are, because there's predators out there who may try to hunt you down, stalk you, or even worse; this was turning into a perfect example of why you shouldn't share your information or face on the internet for all to see (back then, that is).

"Delores" was, apparently, an attractive woman . . . attractive enough that she garnered attention from another beloved MC'er, whom we'll call "James." Upon seeing "Delores"'s profile pictures on this virtual guestbook map, "James" had apparently become very infatuated with her: printing her pictures out to keep by his computer, and eventually making contact with her, in hopes of striking up a romance. Neither of them were the most active members on MC, so not really knowing each other that well, and upon learning of this shrine that "James" had begun for her, "Delores" was, naturally, deeply disturbed and creeped out. "James" continued to try to make regular contact with "Delores," but she wanted no part of it, and eventually, like many others this thread has featured, disappeared almost entirely: she removed her pictures and other information from this guestmap, and basically abandoned her MC account altogether.

This was several, several years ago. "Delores" has yet to be seen or heard from ever again, however, "James" does still, albeit rarely, pop in on occasion from time to time - it is unclear what the eventual outcome of this scenario was, but I assume that "Delores" probably did her best to avoid doing much of anything on the internet again after that episode. No clue if "James" still continued to actively persue her or not.

***********************​

The situation involving "James" and "Delores" wasn't one that was dragged out into the open, which is a good thing, because MC has seen its fair share of some very, very public relationship drama over the years.

Perhaps one of the most infamous examples involved the very public romantic relationship that went on between a fellow we'll call "Jamal" and a girl we'll call "Gail." Anyone remember that episode of SEINFELD, where Jerry and his Girl Of The Week were so open with their public displays of affection (P.D.A. for short) and the sickening little pet names they had for each other, that they were driving George and Elaine crazy? Well, "Jamal" and "Gail" were a cyber version of this: it was not uncommon, at all, for these two lovesick puppies to basically derail threads with their P.D.A., to the point that so many members were getting sick over it. You ever hear of the phrase, "Get a room"? "Get a thread," was more like it for these two. "Jamal" and "Gail"'s internet romance carried on for quite an extensive period of time, I forget how long, exactly, but I believe it was at least a year, if not maybe even two, so imagine that: a year or two of two people on MC, constantly posting back and forth all kinds of ushy-gushy-mushy exchanges.

Eventually, something happened, and the two had broken up - the circumstances for the split were never thoroughly explained, but the aftermath was almost totally one-sided. "Gail" had quickly moved on from the break-up, almost as if "Jamal" never even existed to her; "Jamal," on the other hand, was absolutely devastated and heartbroken, blaming everything on himself, and begging and pleading for "Gail" to take him back. Again, this became almost entirely one-sided: "Gail" had begun ignoring "Jamal"'s posts on MC, and had also evidently unfriended (and possibly blocked) him on MySpace; "Jamal," however, continually tried to keep persuing "Gail," because, as noted in his many long, bellyaching posts, he couldn't live without her, and desperately wanted them to be together again.

Soon, "Gail" sort of abandoned MC, but "Jamal" continued, for quite some time, with his public pleas for "Gail"'s forgiveness - since, apparently, he wasn't able to do so on MySpace, on which she did continue to be active for a little while post-breakup. Still, "Jamal" was relentless. He wanted things to work out, but nothing ever happened. After some more time had passed, both "Gail" and "Jamal" disappeared from MC, MySpace, and the face of the internet, never to be seen or heard from again. I was a mutual friend of both "Gail" and "Jamal," and I must admit, "Jamal"'s obsession over "Gail" and constant begging for another chance had me curious as to just what, exactly, happened the caused this painful split - especially after they spent such an extensive amount of time being so open about their relationship and their P.D.A. The only thing I knew, based on "Jamal"'s pleas was, apparently, everything was his fault, and he was to blame for everything . . . but what was "everything"? Because "Gail" had abandoned MC at this point, I attempted to reach out to her on MySpace, curious to hear her side of the story, but she never responded (at least, not to this specific inquiry). It was probably none of my business, and again, she quickly moved on after the split, so she probably didn't want to even go there anyway.

It was still such a sudden and unexpected, yet painful and confusing breakup of MC's sweethearts. I think, in hindsight, this influenced MrsPepper's decision to not go along with the elaborate April Fool's Day prank we were orchestrating, in which we were going to announce our non-existent romance to the forum, since so many people assumed we were involved, given our close friendship. Either way, this was during a time when drama wasn't so common on MC as it eventually became, though luckily, relationship drama such as this has been few and far between.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
She, like so many other of MC's original population, got fed up with all the drama around here, and eventually just left. As of last year, she and her long-time fiancee finally tied the knot.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am surprised you are still here, because you are like one of the last original members along with The Count.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Last edited: