The Muppet Central Forum Awards...Again

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. I've liked this idea a lot, but had nothing to post here. I care!
And I'm sure we can get a lot more people to do this here.

Just wanted to say, I'm in.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I doubt it.

The problem is, all of the old people who are left are now jaded and cynical and don't really care about this :stick_out_tongue:

Only a select group of newbies who just heard about it are interested. It's going to be hard to get support from the older members

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I disagree with that.

There aren't that many old timers left here to speak of, so one really can't generalize the lack of interest.

In the old days, the awards were usually put together by Prawnie and Lisa, Beau usually helped our with coordinating them, Davo was almost always recruited to design the awards, and of course, they usually hired someone to host the ceremony... but again, Prawnie and Lisa are gone the last I heard, Beau's time here is limited at best, Davo has a life outside of MC and is incredibly busy, and most other old timers rarely visit here anymore.

I think all of that is possibly what has possibly contributed to lack of interest, because excitement can catch on, and these were the people who would stir up the excitement, causing other people to get excited... but again, it has been within the last two or three years or so that there's been growing opposition from some people who complain that they never win, and that the awards are simply popularity contests, etc, etc, etc... that's why I thought Zeppo's idea of shifting the focus of the awards more towards the actual Muppet world itself and not on its fandom would work better; yes, we discuss these kinds of things all the time, but how is it any different from critics and viewers talking about their favorite movies, shows, actors, etc, then having big lavish award shows for them every year?

No, the awards won't be the same, and MC will certainly never be the same that it once was... I don't see this as trying to relive the glory days of the community, but rather, I see it as some simply trying to do what Prawnie and Lisa have always done, is simply stir up excitement over something that can try to bring people together and have some fun. Again, I think by focusing more on the Muppets and Jim's work itself, and less on the forum and its members, there would probably be a few problems less than we used to have with the awards.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I remember i was involved in 2 awards, only been nominated twice, for me if we made it based on muppet things it wouldn't appeal as much to me, i know feelings get hurt and people get mad but the awards i was part of where fun and i know none if it is out of spite.

but i do see what others are saying to much bad blood has spilled over the awards and it in a way becoming a popularity contest and not having the crew involved, i know one thing i see done is that the Awards always seem to be done last minute, with people rushing to get things done

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Heh...I was never nominated, but then again, I was a bit of a dolt in my early years here.

Anyway, IF you do decide to go with this, I can be part of the crew running it since I already know I wouldn't be voting either way. God knows I have no life outside the internet.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Heh...I was never nominated, but then again, I was a bit of a dolt in my early years here.

Anyway, IF you do decide to go with this, I can be part of the crew running it since I already know I wouldn't be voting either way. God knows I have no life outside the internet.
*Sheepishly raises hand*

Same here.