The Muppet Cast's Job Descriptions

christyb

Reaction score
Maybe you should add "Acting" on Kermit's list. Yeah he was all of the above but he was still an actor. Just a suggestion. Looking forward to the complete list!

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I think I will have a go at that Vic, any other suggestions greatfullly recieved.

By the way, on the Beauregard Action Figure he is described as "Stagehand and Custodial Engineer"

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
I suppose you could do some Muppets Tonight Characters as well...
This list seems to be about the responsibilities of certain Muppets at the Muppet theatre, the Muppets Tonight roles would be part of another list; the responsibilities of The Muppet TV show/station (you could also do another list for Intertube / Jim Henson Hour jobs). But anyway.

But after season 5 of The Muppet Show, when the TV show ended, some more people were added to the crew of the show and workings of The Muppet Theatre and the backstage work for the Muppet's Vaudeville Stage Show.

"It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" showed some of the new Muppets having jobs working at the theatre (they were probably hired sometime after the TV show left off). It also showed more of the role of the characters

Kermit - Also promotion of the show (goes off to several talk-shows to plug the theatre).

Pepe - handles paperwork, forms, permits, licenses, contracts, and other business work for the theatre.

Bobo - Security backstage

Gonzo - helps coordinate, cue, and choreograph productions for the show. (he wears a head-set a lot) and he has hiring power. But aslo still is a performer.

Bunsen and Beaker - help handle accounting and finanaces.

Howard - Coreogrepher and dance instructer.

Rizzo (and the Rats) - Stage hands.

Pops - also sells tickets.

Bean Bunny - personal assistant to the star (Miss. Piggy).

Sal Manilla - personal assistant and body guard to the star (Johnny Fiama).

Also from the Muppet Show there is J.P. Gross (Scooter's Uncle) who owns the theatre and probally has some kind of excuitive title and financial backing in the show too. And Crazy Harry did special effect / pyrotechnics for the show too.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:

Also from the Muppet Show there is J.P. Gross (Scooter's Uncle) who owns the theatre and probally has some kind of excuitive title and financial backing in the show too.

Actually I'd put that in the past tense. Judging from certain events in IAVMMC, I think it's safe to say that the theatre has been out of J.P. Gross' hands for some time.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Actually I'd put that in the past tense. Judging from certain events in IAVMMC, I think it's safe to say that the theatre has been out of J.P. Gross' hands for some time.
Yeah, I think J.P. died some time between TMS and IAVMMCM.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
By the way, on the Beauregard Action Figure he is described as "Stagehand and Custodial Engineer"
How politically correct!
GelflingWaldo said:
Wow, you really think he died? That's heavy.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Wow, you really think he died? That's heavy.
In the extended scene, Kermit and Carson: The Uncut Interview, from IAVMMCM dvd's deleted scenes, Kermit says (and I quote) "When we inherited the theatre from Scooter's Uncle we didn't know it was in so much debt." Sounds to me like J.P. Gross passed away and left the theatre to the Muppets.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
His last performances were on Muppets Tonight, and he had a different voice.