The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Puckrox

Reaction score
I now start getting emotional when Gary gives his speech to Walter near the end. Especially when he gets to the "cause that's what growing up is". I think this might be more because I'm relating it to my own life though.

TikiColadas

Reaction score
I now start getting emotional when Gary gives his speech to Walter near the end. Especially when he gets to the "cause that's what growing up is". I think this might be more because I'm relating it to my own life though.
Great moment in the film.

Borples

Reaction score
Earlier today, my husband was teasing me (gently) for always, always, always crying at the end of the carol medley in MFC. Specifically when they sing "Together at Christmas." So I explained it to him:

"So this is a just a few years before Jim and Richard died; it's one of the last things they all did together. And it's all wonderful and happy, but you know it can't last. Then you have this song that's sad to start with, partly because of The Christmas Toy and partly because it just is. And then you get Rowlf--Rowlf--singing, "Things may change with passing years." And then Kermit and Piggy--Jim and Frank, best friends, right?--with, "Let this feeling stay." And then Jim's in the kitchen, all "I like it when they have a good time." And then I had to stop talking because I was choking up again.

Husband: "...Yeah, that IS sad."

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Earlier today, my husband was teasing me (gently) for always, always, always crying at the end of the carol medley in MFC.

Husband: "...Yeah, that IS sad."
Don't worry I cry sometimes at that part too. The thing I remember is their always with us. The good thing about it is we're here to carry on the stories and message. They would want us to remember and to be happy. At least that's how I see it. I was born just a few years after Richard died and his characters are my favorites.

Borples

Reaction score
Don't worry I cry sometimes at that part too. The thing I remember is their always with us. The good thing about it is we're here to carry on the stories and message. They would want us to remember and to be happy. At least that's how I see it. I was born just a few years after Richard died and his characters are my favorites.
Oh definitely. I never know how to express this without sounding like a jerk, but I feel like a certain amount of sadness is just part of the Muppet experience now...and that's not necessarily a bad thing? Obviously, we all wish Jim and Richard were still with us; I'm not saying it's not a bad thing that they died. But there's always been a poignancy about the Muppets, and I feel that's only increased since 1990. It doesn't detract at all from the enjoyment or laughter. But once in a while I find myself unexpectedly moved to tears, even while delighting in the work of the awesome people who are carrying on Jim's legacy. And I think that's ok...it feels like honoring the past and loving the present at the same time. And the fact that I and many, many others have such complicated reactions to a bunch of puppets will NEVER cease to amaze me!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh definitely. I never know how to express this without sounding like a jerk, but I feel like a certain amount of sadness is just part of the Muppet experience now
No you don't sound like a jerk, I mean death is part of life and the Muppets have always been about exploring all facets of life, not just the happy parts.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Ever since I got The Muppet Movie on DVD earlier this year and started watching it regularly again, I've found there's something about hearing Jim as Kermit singing "The Rainbow Connection" in that "opening" log scene that chokes me up. I'm not sure why but I think it might be that it's one of the moments that, for me, is an iconic "Jim and Kermit" moment and brings back the reality of just how special those crowning moments were now that he's been gone for this long.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
No you don't sound like a jerk, I mean death is part of life and the Muppets have always been about exploring all facets of life, not just the happy parts.
Agreed. And you don't sound jerky at all. I promise. I sometimes come off a little bit child like so it's alright. :big_grin: I totally understand what you mean though. Muppets Christmas Carol comes to mind.

Ben Purse

Reaction score
Saying Goodbye. If I watch MTN On my IPad I always have to skip that part because it gives me tears. It reminds my of 4 years ago when I left the Special ED classes. Went to my new school then had to say goodbye to my best friend at the time.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ssssooo many nostalgic parts from TMM, TMTM, and others: but a newly-discovered one was the song 'It Makes You Cry' sung by Boober in the episode 'River of Life'. I have never cried at Fraggle Rock before: but the way he sung that song, and then the end when all the sick and dying Fraggles chime in is just a beautifully sad moment.