The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yup it is, luv that song too. (you're the first one who's mentioned it :smile:) I'e only heard the live version recording too. For the longest time I honestly thought Kermit showed up to sing that line with him. Then my mom told me that Chris was just really good at impressions.

markit

Reaction score
He certainly is (Love his Bullwinkle and Scooby doo) but i'm sure he's not the only one, I bet everyone on here has had a go at a Kermit impression many a time, I know I have :smile:

markit

Reaction score
Oh and Chris Rice is actually one of my favourite song writers, he's amazing, slightly off topic..but then again, perhaps not, he does a mean Kermit impression, so it should stay :smile:

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
Re: most tearful muppet moment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I always tear up at "saying goodbye" in the MTM
yeah same, I always always always cry at this, that and the muppets celebrate Jim henson.
and one poster that makes me sad ( i know youll think its lame after all its only a poster, but) :

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here, and I think these following Muppet scenes are really sad!
Robin as Tiny Tim's death and the Love is gone (Muppet Christmas Carol)
Gonzo's Wishing Song (Madeline Kahn episode)
I'm so blue (Follow That Bird)
Mudwell's death (Fraggle Rock)
Too many more to mention!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here, and I think these following Muppet scenes are really sad!
Robin as Tiny Tim's death and the Love is gone (Muppet Christmas Carol)
Gonzo's Wishing Song (Madeline Kahn episode)
I'm so blue (Follow That Bird)
Mudwell's death (Fraggle Rock)
Too many more to mention!
Welcome Dominicboo1.

Mudwell's death is definately one for me. It's funny because I don't remember crying much when I saw "I'm so Blue" because I think I was six and I knew Big Bird was gonna be okay anyway. I need to watch it again to see if it is sad to me a second time around.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Thanks for your
Welcome Dominicboo1.

Mudwell's death is definately one for me. It's funny because I don't remember crying much when I saw "I'm so Blue" because I think I was six and I knew Big Bird was gonna be okay anyway. I need to watch it again to see if it is sad to me a second time around.
Thanks for the kind welcome. Another one I can't believe I have forgotten was saying goodbye from the Muppets Take Manhattan.

Gonz21

Reaction score
When Big Bird learns that Mr. Hooper died
Big Bird singing "It's not easy being green" at the Jim Henson memorial
"Saying Goodbye" (In particular when Rowlf is singing)

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
When Big Bird learns that Mr. Hooper died
Big Bird singing "It's not easy being green" at the Jim Henson memorial
"Saying Goodbye" (In particular when Rowlf is singing)
I agree that Saying Goodbye is really sad, but I think Fozzie's singing was saddest. I also hate Tiny Tim's death and the Love is Gone from Muppet Christmas Carol, and the Friendship Song is very sad for something from a Henson Production. Really, most people think Muppets were light hearted and silly the whole time. We know the truth though.