The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Elisha

Reaction score
Oh GOSH.. I am an emotional and nostalgic person as it is, so there are SEVERAL muppet moments that get me going. These are the ones that spring to mind first:

1. The end of the Muppet Tribute to Jim Henson
2. The end of the Muppet Family Christmas
3. "Rainbow Connection" (both the beginning and reprise)
4. "One Little Star" from Follow that Bird
5. The end of the last episode of Fraggle Rock (Magic Be With You)
6. Danny Kaye Singing "Inch Worm" w/ the muppets on TMS
7. "Saying Goodbye" from TMM
8. "The Friendship Song" from Fraggle Rock (when Red and Boober are trapped)
9. "I'm Going to Go Back There.." sung by Gonzo
10. "He'll Make Me Happy" Piggy and Kermit's wedding
11. when Kira is brought back to life in The Dark Crystal.. actually the music from this movie really moves me.. incredible score!

And others, but those are the first moments that come to mind for me.. many poignant ones to choose from :smile:

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I just watched my DVD of Jim Henson's Memorial Service that I just got in the mail today from Ebay and it was one of the most emotional things I have ever seen in Muppet history.
Hey there! What seller had this? Would you be able to make a copy of it for me?

Herman

Reaction score
Tear jerking Muppet moment ever!

:cry: To me the saddest moment is when Jim died and all the muppets sang "Just One Person" from Snoopy the Musical. I was all chocked up!

Bean

Reaction score
I think 'Saying Goodbye' always makes me feel nostalgic.
I've not seen this episode, but is there one in existence that has the Muppets explaining about Jim's death? I've never had the opportunity to see this episode, but if anyone could advise if it is on DVD I would be grateful. My understanding is that they handled the subject beautifully

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I think it was sad that Richard Hunt diddn't recieve a video tribute on TV like Jim did. He was my seconed favorite puppeteer after Jim

muppet baby

Reaction score
The muppet Christmas carol when tiny time was singing Bless us all and then started couhing at the end .

Also just they way that they where trying to pertray how Ill he was that always brings tears to my eyes no matter how many times i watch it . Even at the times when it is not Christmas .

Mr Devco

Reaction score
The muppet Christmas carol when tiny time was singing Bless us all and then started couhing at the end .

Also just they way that they where trying to pertray how Ill he was that always brings tears to my eyes no matter how many times i watch it . Even at the times when it is not Christmas .
How about the Love is gone segment. I would have replaced that with the removed song that Bunsin Hunnydu sang

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
BigTeacherMan said:
The tribute to Jim where the cast sings, "Just One Person" and Kermit peeks in to say they did just fine with Jim's tribute. Those are the first words we heard from Kermit following Jim's death, and they were, at the time, so wonderful to hear.
I just found that one on YouTube. I don't cry easily at things like this, but I have to admit this one brought me to tears as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnyK7DG0CA

Boppity

Reaction score
This is one of the first threads I've read through since I joined, and all the comments about the tribute to Jim made me want to find it. I saw the little parts on YouTube and, of course, the end got me. It seemed almost symbolic that Robin was the one who started singing first. And also when Kermit said, "Can we end with something silly?"

Other moments would have to be..
-"Saying Goodbye"
-The wedding scene in MTM...but that wasn't nesicarily a bad cry.
-Floyd singing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"...his voice is just so emotional..
-This one's probably silly, but one of the At The Dance segments from the first season between Janice and Zoot,
Janice: Will you love me forever?
Zoot: Ask me again in a million years.
And because I knew that they wouldn't be together in a few episodes that hit me for some reason.
-The end of TMM, firstly because of the emotion, second because it was my first favorite movie, and I only just found it again and I could still remember everything even though it had been at least 12 years since I saw it...and it took me back.

This thread made me teary eyed XD