The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
dya know, i was gonna answer this, and i made the mistake of reading all this, and now im all down.... :frown: we should have a thread called, songs that uplift and inspire :smile:

Winnieruth

Reaction score
The song "I wish I had a coat the color of the sky" that one brings me back...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
The most tearful one was when I found out Jim Henson was gone. ;_; I was lke--seven or something. I only stared at my computer for a long long time. I was like

*SOB*

I still do kind of get choked up at the thought of him being gone. : ) Atleast his muppets and dreams are not.

SweetMayhem

Reaction score
I just found a really old VHS tape. Along with such classics as Best of Ernie and Bert, Big Bird in China, and Big Bird in Japan, it had Sing! (The tribute to Raposo) Followed up with Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. By the time Fozzie found the letters Kermit left for the Muppets, I was bawling. I wasn't quite 5 when Henson died, but I remember my mother telling me. I remember being confused at first and thinking that Kermit was dead. My mom explained that it was Kermit's friend, the guy with the big beard. Sad sad news.

GonzoRizo

Reaction score
I cried when Gonzo was about to leave in Muppets in Space. That was just sad.

karamazov80

Reaction score
The only Muppets-related material that made me cry was watching when the Muppets found out that Henson had died. I don't know what this was from, but I have it on tape, so I know that I didn't imagine it. I was upset not only because he had died, but because I thought Kermit had died as well. Then Kermit walked through the door. I was a child at the time, and confused, as I didn't understand this. I still cried, as I knew that Kermit was somehow different, and wouldn't be the same again. . .:smile:

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
The scene in "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" where Gobo finds all his friends frozen solid. (What's more, it's the second time his irrational actions have caused problems, the first being the blackout in "The Day The Music Died"...I love Gobo as a character, but if he had messed up a third time, I would've left him to the Gorgs!)

Gonzo's rendition of "My Way" from the Lola Falana episode.

The Inchworm crawling on Danny Kaye's hand, from his episode. (Incidentally, I've seen that Inchworm in all three franchises: SS, TMS, and FR. That little guy sure does get around!)

The grownups explaining Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird.

The voices of the Fraggle Five singing "Follow Me" at Jerry Juhl's memorial service.

The fact that Elmo pretty much owns Sesame Street now.

superboober

Reaction score
The scene in "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" where Gobo finds all his friends frozen solid. (What's more, it's the second time his irrational actions have caused problems, the first being the blackout in "The Day The Music Died"...I love Gobo as a character, but if he had messed up a third time, I would've left him to the Gorgs!)

It was a pretty upsetting moment for me; at age 3, you do worry if that could have been the end of the characters (of course it's not as bad now once you remember Doc has a blowdryer, and that if Gobo could get control of it and enough extension cords, he could have had the core of the Rock thawed out in a couple of months, possibly (you do have to wonder if the cold extended outside in the Gorgs world, and if Gobo would have found 3 giant Gorgcicles standing around if he'd gone there as well)).