The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
When Gonzo plans to leave TMS for India to become a movie star. After his song, Kermit consoles him. That's always been a heart-tugger for me.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Following on from the 'Best ever Muppet Moment' thread - I would be interested to hear what are all your most 'tear-jerking' moments - you know when you're watching with someone else and have to look away before you break down into an uncontrollable wreck....anyway I digress!

For me I have boiled it down to two:

1. The big crowd finish to The Muppet Movie as the camera pulls back to reveal them all (Lifes like a movie...)

and

2. The crowd finish to The Muppets take Manhattan

For me, anything where there are a lot of muppets in unison seems to get me....

I look forward to hearing from you!

Guy!
When Jim Henson died and the Muppets sang " Just One Person.":cry: That's the sadest momment in Muppet history.

anytimepally

Reaction score
When Bob Cratchit comes home after visiting Tiny Tim's grave :cry: :frown: :sympathy:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
When Bob Cratchit comes home after visiting Tiny Tim's grave :cry: :frown: :sympathy:
Yep, that one always gets to me. No matter what version of A Christmas Carol I see, I always dread the inevitable loss of Tiny Tim and his family mourning him.

Knegoff

Reaction score
Same here, when Bob Crachit comes home after visiting Tims grave. And the song "saying goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I watched Muppets from Space last night, and there was a part that always makes me sad that I had completely forgotten about.

It's when Ed is trying to get info out of Bobo and he threatens to send him back to the circus. Bobo goes "No! No! No!" like a scared little kid, and it breaks my heart!

Am I a sap or what?

peyjenk

Reaction score
oh wow that would make me cry and i have not gotten to see it yet but every time i hear a discription of that i really want to cry .
i really want to see it though can i buy a DVD copy somewhere ?:smile:
Yes that was very sad but I vaguely remember it tho...Is it on youtube or DVD?
When Jim Henson died and the Muppets sang " Just One Person.":cry: That's the sadest momment in Muppet history.
I don't know if it is available on DVD or not. I would love to have it on DVD. Maybe someone else has more information. I do have it on VHS that I recorded when it aired. I can make you a copy if you wish.
I haven't seen the special, but thanks to Sylinde I can hear Just One Person from The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, especially the introduction.
I just found it on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnyK7DG0CA :cry:

ploobis

Reaction score
I just watched my DVD of Jim Henson's Memorial Service that I just got in the mail today from Ebay and it was one of the most emotional things I have ever seen in Muppet history. Here are the most tear-jerking moments (to me) from that beautiful memorial service.

Big Bird singing "Being Green" :cry:

Dave Goelz singing "I'm Going To Go Back There Some Day" :cry:

The Muppets singing "Just One Person" :cry:

When Big Bird sang "Being Green" you can tell that it was so hard for Caroll Spinney to sing with out crying. And that just really got to me.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
D: Big Bird...nearly crying? Oh my gosh that must have been heartbreaking! D: I must find this on youtube.

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
oh wow that would make me cry and i have not gotten to see it yet but every time i hear a discription of that i really want to cry .
i really want to see it though can i buy a DVD copy somewhere ?:smile:
I have a copy I was sent via ebay, if you want i can make you a copy ( if i can stop crying long enough:eek: ):wink: