The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Okay, I have three new moments after watching my entire collection of Muppet stuff again:

When the Muppets from all times and universes came together in 'Celebrate 30 Years' and sang 'Rainbow Connection' together. It made my heart stop because it probably meant a lot to those who had been with the JHC for a long time.

In MCC when the Cratchetts are mourning the loss of Tiny Tim. Such powerful performances by Steve and Frank. It was also the first time I had ever seen my mother cry during a movie. It has always been her opinion that a puppet can't evoke any sort of pathos, but Steve and Kermit proved her wrong.

Lastly, I get tears of joy every time I hear the phrase, "Hey Walter, aren't you gonna join us?"

Bridget

Reaction score
Okay, I have three new moments after watching my entire collection of Muppet stuff again:

When the Muppets from all times and universes came together in 'Celebrate 30 Years' and sang 'Rainbow Connection' together. It made my heart stop because it probably meant a lot to those who had been with the JHC for a long time.

In MCC when the Cratchetts are mourning the loss of Tiny Tim. Such powerful performances by Steve and Frank. It was also the first time I had ever seen my mother cry during a movie. It has always been her opinion that a puppet can't evoke any sort of pathos, but Steve and Kermit proved her wrong.

Lastly, I get tears of joy every time I hear the phrase, "Hey Walter, aren't you gonna join us?"
I like those.

~The end of TMM and almost all of Jim's famous Muppets are singing the famous "Life's like a movie," line.

~In She'll Make Me Happy, when all of the Muppets including some Sesame Street guests begin singing and swaying along.

~I tend to always cry when Kermit sings his original Rainbow Connection in TMM. The lyrics are so touching and powerful.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
A tie for "this film is dedicated to jim henson and richard hunt" at the beginning of MCC and in the muppets 2011 when kermit sings pictures in my head.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Mine are:

-Mr. Hooper's death.
-The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.
-Halfway Down The Stairs.
-Time In A Bottle.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
There's a lot of moments that make me teary-eyed, but the one that gets me the most is when Gonzo sings "The Wishing Song" in season two of the Muppet Show. That song. Wow.

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
Mine are:
Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" and " It's not easy being green"
Dream Sequence in MMW during the song "Something so Right"
Gonzo singing " I'm going to go back there someday"
The Duet "Love Led us Here"

mimitchi33

Reaction score
"Something So Right", which is the second-hardest I've cried at a film (the first hardest being a scene that starts 11 minutes before the end of Magic Adventures of Mumfie: The Movie, now known as Mumfie's Quest), and "Pictures In My Head".

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
There are a lot of sad Muppet moments. I am going to post my top 3 right here.

3. The Muppet Show pilot. You may be asking, " Fozzieisfunny, why did you put this on here? It's not sad at all!" Yeah, it is. Fast forward it to about 5:57 where it reveals all the Muppet performers. It's sad because most of them are dead.

2. Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Robin's tiny little frog voice sings such a sad song. Man, whenever this is in a Jerry Nelson tribute, I start to cry.

1. The Rainbow Connection. If you watch The Muppet Movie (1979), see Jim Henson in the credits, don't cry during The Rainbow Connection, not even one tear, it is a face-palm moment.

That's my top 3 saddest Muppet moments. You can watch them up there^^^

Shade601

Reaction score
When Junior Gorg throws away the crown. Actually that whole episode. The song, How Wide, How Far is so beautiful, and Richard Hunt's voice is so perfect, it wrecks me. But when he declares there shall be no more kings, I always fall apart.

Also, the semi recent Sesame episode where the hurricane came and destroyed Big Bird's home. Seeing Big Bird sad is always crushing. And as always, Gordon handles it so well.