The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I cried so hard it hurt when Gonzo sang "The Wishing Song" in the Madeline Kahn episode. Gonzo is usually a pretty upbeat character, but Dave is so good at singing in a melancholy, tear-inducing voice.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan is a real tear-jerker, but on TMS, I'd say Gonzo's version of "My Way" (in the Lola Falana episode when he leaves the show for an acting career in India) and "When I Grow Too Old to Dream" (from the Linda Ronstadt episode) are right up there, too.
Honorable mention: the version of "When the River Meets the Sea" that Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold performed at Jim's memorial (if memory serves correctly).

YAAAYY!!! 1000th post on this thread.:big_grin:
The biggest tear-jerker for me was at the end of The Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson when they all sang Just One Person. I was already balling my eyes out when I first watched it.
And then Steve Whitmire's Kermit appeared for the first time through the backstage door and just behind him was an image of Jim and I just lost whatever was left of my composure.

It was such a bitter-sweet moment, I'm probably reading too much into this, but it was like they were trying to say, "Yes, Jim's gone. But, you know what? Kermit's still here, so is Fozzie and Miss Piggy and everyone else. We are going to pull through because Jim would have wanted us to."

cjd874

Reaction score
The biggest tear-jerker for me was at the end of The Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson when they all sang Just One Person. I was already balling my eyes out when I first watched it.
And then Steve Whitmire's Kermit appeared for the first time through the backstage door and just behind him was an image of Jim and I just lost whatever was left of my composure.

It was such a bitter-sweet moment, I'm probably reading too much into this, but it was like they were trying to say, "Yes, Jim's gone. But, you know what? Kermit's still here, so is Fozzie and Miss Piggy and everyone else. We are going to pull through because Jim would have wanted us to."
What really strikes me is that Bernadette Peters first sang "Just One Person" to Robin on The Muppet Show in 1977, then thirteen years later, Robin was the one leading the Muppets in the same exact song for the tribute special. It makes me think of how much Robin absorbs as a precocious frog.
And you're not reading too much into this, JimAndFrank. You perfectly described what their message was to the audience, and to the whole world.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Let's just hope they continue to do so for a long time to come....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got a recast for you...

Replace Morshu the Shop Keep from that terrible Link and the Faces of Evil game with Chamberlain Skesis.

They both have a knack for going mmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm....

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
The one moment that always got to me was in Muppets Take Manhattan and the gang is split up and Kermit is sad and says hes going to get the gang back together. Seriously that part always get me. I also think that song Gonzo sang I'll go back there some day from the first Muppet film is another sad yet touching moment for me. Muppet Show, if we can add this to the list I'd say the early episodes when every one would treat Gonzo so horrible, I felt so bad for him each time and I wanted punch some one for insulting him, lucky things started to change for him as seasons went on.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
When In the Muppets from 2011 When gary is talking about mary and Kermit looks at miss piggys plaque in the theater:cry:

Nicholas Lemon

Reaction score
I think, for me, there were two "tear-jerking moment". They were at the end of The Muppets Tribute to Jim Henson. When Fozzie and the gang start to read the letters, it really encapsulated how we were all feeling at the time. Once they started singing Just One Person, our tears turned to joy. Those two moments also showed what the Muppets were really able to do...act.