The Most Annoying Kids Shows

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who the heck is that little orange dinosaur? I don't remember that guy. Come to think of it, I don't remember the name of the yellow dinosaur either, though he looks familiar. Ehh, while I admit I did watch Barney as a little kid, I thankfully grew out of it by the time they kind of revamped the show the first time when they redesigned the sets, brought in new kids, and added those annoying new puppets like that squirrel and the love child of Sherry Netherland from the Furry Arms and Knock Knock from THE GREAT SPACE COASTER.

That said, I honestly didn't know that either show had been out of production - in fact, I thought they were still being produced to this day; I've never watched ANGELINA BALLERINA, though I would occasionally see promos for it on PBS (I think back then it was 2D instead of CGI).

Oh, and 9 Story is no longer involved with ARTHUR - nobody's sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet since they've gone back to the company that did some of the animation for Seasons 9-15 (the seasons where everybody was off-model all the time and the animation looked cheap).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who the heck is that little orange dinosaur? I don't remember that guy.
Riff. All I know is that she's voice by the same woman who would later go on to play Amethyst in Steven Universe. A complete uptick in her career, no doubt.

I wouldn't see how an animated Barney would work or stick out. Yet, and I said this years ago with Oogieloves, the big puppet suit characters are the least relevant thing in kid's television unless it's grandfathered in (Big Bird) or semi-ironic (Yo Gabba Gabba, and that's actually no longer relevant itself). I could see Barney grandfathered, certainly.

But most kid's preschool programming is animated these days. It used to be almost exclusively live action, either Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers influenced. I remember when Magic Schoolbus came out on PBS. It was revolutionary to have a cartoon series on PBS. Now look at their line up. Sesame Street and Odd Squad are the only non-animated shows seen nationally. Sure, the animated programming has live action filler segments, but that doesn't count.

Thomas Young

Reaction score
The Wiggles, for one. The four unemployed men in it aren't funny at all, at least I don't find them remotely entertaining. Then there's Timothy Goes to School. This one is also annoying, especially the raccoon who is meant to be the protagonist of the story. I know several parents think it is a safe and clean show for the kids which teaches them good habits, but I don't know why I just find it plain, downright annoying.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
*BUMP*

- Barney
- Dora the Explorer
- Caillou
- Jay Jay the Jet Plane
- Fanboy and ChumChum (Ignore the fact that I briefly liked this show last year. I dunno what I was thinking.)
- Robotboy (Okay, this one isn't as bad, but the character voices can be pretty annoying, ESPECIALLY Gus and Bambi.)
- that CN Annoying Orange show (I guess it was intended to be annoying though, LOL!)
- Fred: the Show (The movies were even worse; the first one is literally just 80 minutes of nonstop high-pitched screeching.)
- Pickle and Peanut
- The Problem Solverz
- all modern Disney sitcoms starting with Hannah Montana (minus Suite Life with Zack and Cody and Good Luck Charlie)
- all of those bad Christian puppet shows mentioned in the "Worst puppet shows" thread
- Not a TV show, but You on Kazoo, and its sequel Ring-Along Sing-Along
- Also not TV, but pretty much any "Elsagate" video.

I'd put Teletubbies on here because that show is just so stupid, but it's somewhat quieter and not as loud and obnoxious as the other shows I listed above.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both Annoying Orange and Fred originated as YouTube shows. Why CN and Nick gave them TV shows is beyond me.

To be fair, Annoying Orange started out as one of those things where you couldn't not look, but it got really old really fast - especially when they began just rehashing older videos and rekilling previous characters that were already killed (like, how many times did they kill Grandpa Lemon?).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cryin' shame the TV industry couldn't have given a TV show to a YouTube character who is actually fun to watch, a YouTube character who transcends multiple demographics, a YouTube character who's appealing and lovable, a YouTube character who could expand beyond the limitations of the YouTube platform with his assorted friends and cohorts, a YouTube character who looks warm and fuzzy.

Like, I dunno, that purple monster who always gets himself into all sorts of mischief. . . .