The Most Annoying Kids Shows

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You'd think, but therein lies another problem: networks will see how much they can churn out for as little money as possible, and no one knows more about this than Sid & Marty Krofft, considering the millions of dollars it cost to produce their shows, and the networks would only budget them a few thousand dollars . . . even then, that wasn't a whole lot of money.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You'd think, but therein lies another problem: networks will see how much they can churn out for as little money as possible, and no one knows more about this than Sid & Marty Krofft, considering the millions of dollars it cost to produce their shows, and the networks would only budget them a few thousand dollars . . . even then, that wasn't a whole lot of money.
It's easy to see why they're going with streaming for their shows, as it allows for far more creative freedom than TV networks. Their reboot of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (which got 6 episodes released) is a perfect example of that, what with their amazing Muppet-esque puppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wrote about this on my blog recently: while I think it's amazing to see what the Kroffts can do when they have actual budgets to work with, and there's quite a cinematic quality to their current work that was seriously lacking back in their olden days, at the same time, a big part of their charm back then was the cheap, campy look and quality of their, given they had very little money to work with - it really ended up defining their overall "Krofft Look" they became (in)famous for. It's not unlike what we've been discussing here in the past (something @Drtooth has pointed out nicely) regarding how in making Muppets look for perfect and flawless in today's HD age, the characters are actually looking more artificial and lifeless as a result; the imperfections in decades past is what gave them an edge, warmth, and believablity because it was like seeing the artist in the art - you could tell if a character was built by Don Sahlin, or Kermit Love, or Ed Christie, or anyone else. Even Nick Park has said this is why they never bothered trying to smooth out fingerprints on their claymation characters, because it was a way of seeing the artist in the art, and made the characters all the more appealing and endearing.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
-The Annoying Orange (It's right there in title lol)
-Hip Hop Harry
-Pickle and Peanut
-Breadwinners
-Teen Titans Go (The show in general doesn't particularly bother me but I do despise that painfully irritating "Waffles" episode)
-Fanboy and Chumm-Chumm
-AwesomenessTV (I used to watch this one but only because I had a serious crush on Lia Marie Johnson. The show itself was way too pander-y towards the teenage demographic to the point of becoming annoying)
-The Puppy Bowl games (Not exactly a TV show but I tried to watch one of these specials last year and while the dogs and cats were definitely adorable the narrator was just obnoxious. Similar to the Annoying Orange, he would regularly make really bad puns for no reason).

Kid's Movies:

-The Buddies movie series with the puppies such as Space Buddies, Air Buddies, Snow Buddies, etc.
-The Alpha and Omega movies (Most of the characters aren't exactly what I would call annoying but I can not stand the wolf pups. Something about their voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me).
-The live action Cat in the Hat movie with Mike Myers

Other children's media:

-Pretty much anything on those Kidz Bop albums
-This old commercial for Skylanders that aired a few Christmases ago. Really the whole thing was just a bunch of kids screaming in joy over all the Skylanders they had gotten. Needless to say, it got old quick.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
It's easy to see why they're going with streaming for their shows, as it allows for far more creative freedom than TV networks. Their reboot of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (which got 6 episodes released) is a perfect example of that, what with their amazing Muppet-esque puppets.
A perfect example of how networks will reboot literally anything these days to make money:

mr3urious

Reaction score
i bet the new thundercats is gonna be the same thing as teen titans go. if its not, i'll be very shocked.
There's promise of lots of action like the original. It better deliver on that front.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My mom has been a huge Thundercats fan since the original series first premiered in the 80s. This was her reaction when she saw an image of the reboot:

Her first thought was "Oh, please don't make another Teen Titans Go!"

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
  1. Sid the Science Kid
  2. Sid the Science Kid
  3. Sid the Science Kid
  4. Sid the Science Kid
  5. Sid the Science Kid
  6. Sid the Science Kid
  7. Sid the Science Kid
  8. Sid the Science Kid
  9. SpongeBob