The Monstro Pattern

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Thanks to the Geniuses at Project Puppet there is a new pattern by the name of the Monstro pattern. This Pattern is designed not only to enable you to build a great monster puppet now, but to teach techniques and skill sets that will help you build puppets even better (I hope) Check out the full detail.

Nojoy

Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail today, been looking it over since I got home from work.

Overall a great presentation... Instructions are detailed and intuitive, just what we've come to expect from Project Puppet. What I was unsure of was if this pattern would be all that different from the others, but where parts of it are very familar, others are brand new in style and appearance. The body of the puppet, in particular is quite different from the other patterns. It even has legs and feet!

The arm rod tutorial is the same as the websites. Printed out it'll make a nice addition to any reference binder.

The faux fur tutorial not only details how to get the "distressed" look to the fur, but also covers how to cut, hand sew and machine sew the fur, as well as tips on choosing the right fur for the project.

As far as difficulty goes, just from what I've seen it falls inbetween the Simple series and the Forma trio... actually leaning more towards the "simple" side.

I dig it, and I'm really looking forward to start my first build with it. If you ever wanted to make a full body muppet-style puppet... this may be the pattern for you.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Hey NoJoy!....Did you name that puppet Rico because of Midnight Cowboy?

I really like the Orange puppet model. It's too Cute!

Whispers

Reaction score
I'd love to buy the Mostro pattern but its too expensive for me. I find the Project Puppet Patterns to just be too pricey for me at the moment.. I wish it were otherwise.
But I so looked foward to its release and am pleased with the sample! I literally checked the page everyday from the 19th of November till around mid-January and got tired of checking so only checked periodically. But I am thrilled with the look and hopefully can scrounge up money soon to buy one =]

batjimi

Reaction score
Hey gang I got mine in the mail too! very excited about it very fast shipping ( as always) I want to email them they have a pic of the different types of fur to use and I would like to know what type they are so when I try to order them I know what to ask for otherwise another great buy from a great company

BorkBork

Reaction score
looks like a pattern to buy in the near future.

Keeermit

Reaction score
looks like a great pattern, great work as always from the team at Project Puppet :smile: