The Loud House Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That and the creator's sexual harassment allegations.
Well, to be fair, look at all the other cable cartoons that survived beyond the original creator's involvement: JOHNNY BRAVO without Van Partible, DEXTER'S LABORATORY without Genndy Tartakovsky, POWERPUFF GIRLS without Craig McCracken . . . even SpongeBob without Stephen Hillenberg. Even Joe Murray was saying if Rocko went on for a fifth season, it would do so without him.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only post revival stuff I had issues with was SpongeBob.

Glove at First Sight was my first Dexter's Lab episode and I enjoyed it very much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm. . . .

Why do I get the feeling Chris Savino is now going to become the next Butch Hartman?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even without him mentioning growing up in a Catholic family, given he invokes some Italian culture in some of his original work (remember that short he did for CN where that cat and dog were adopted by a very stereotypical Italian mother?), I always got the vibe that the Louds were meant to represent an Italian Catholic family anyway - y'know, given the stigma that they don't believe in birth control. :stick_out_tongue:

I have read another article where he's hoping that now that he has Jesus and has learned his lesson, Nick may take him back, and even though I see some LH fans out there want that to happen, I seriously doubt it will . . . I mean, I know a lot of us would like to see Kevin Clash come back to SS and perform Elmo again, but we know that won't happen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Having bumped this thread and all, in spite of Savino's problems, I've actually been checking this show out occasionally over the past couple of years. . . . It's really not a bad show, and I don't mind it at all, however, there is one major problem I have with it that's preventing me from really investing in it: the pacing. It's too quick and too rapid, it makes the flow of each individual 11-minute segment feel so rushed that it doesn't allow time for what you're watching to really sink in and process. Maybe this has something to do with kids today having such short (or even no) attention spans that if the pacing is any slower, it wouldn't hold their interest, I don't know . . . but I certainly don't remember 11-minute cartoons from when I was a kid (or even the 7-minute ones) ever feeling this rushed.

As far as the Loud Sisters go, I definitely have a top three of who are my favorites:
3. Luna - She automatically earns some awesome points for being voiced by Nika Futterman, but I love how groundbreaking she: bisexual, dating a girl, and it's not a big deal - it's treated as perfectly normal . . . had this happened back when I was a kid, she alone would have gotten the whole show yanked from the air altogether, and that'd be the end of it.
2. Lucy - The way her goth personality is played so straight and she takes it so seriously is actually very amusing, especially whenever she says emotional expressions aloud, like "Sigh" or "Gasp."
1. Luan - Quirky, eccentric, cheerful, socially awkward, loves to perform, cute as a button. . . . It's irresistable. Except for those April Fool's Day episodes; then she's just absolutely deranged and evil.

So yeah, I would say they're my upper-tier sisters. For mid-tier sisters, I'd definitely say Lori, Leni, and Lisa. Lori and Leni actually remind me a lot of my older sister growing up . . . probably Lori, moreso, in terms of personality (cellphones weren't a thing when she was that age, so she wasn't obsessed with texting her boyfriend all the time). Characters like Lisa have been done to death in cartoons, but I think that with her only being four-years, and already a college graduate, is an interesting twist on the concept of insufferable child genius.

That leaves the twins and Lynn as my lower-tier sisters. I think we can admit all of the sisters personify almost every kind of cartoon character personality stereotype you can imagine, but these sisters definitely exhibit some of the more negative stereotypes (well, not that Lori and Leni actually aim for particularly positive stereotypes either). The twins are your typical little brats - particularly Lola, who's like D.W. Read, Angelica Pickles, Honey Boo Boo, and Satan all rolled into one; meanwhile, Lynn is the typical jerk jock who has to turn everything into a competition.

So yeah, it's not something I watch all the time - it's growing on me a little, but again, the rapid-fire pacing is what's preventing me from really investing in it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Having bumped this thread and all, in spite of Savino's problems, I've actually been checking this show out occasionally over the past couple of years. . . . It's really not a bad show, and I don't mind it at all, however, there is one major problem I have with it that's preventing me from really investing in it: the pacing. It's too quick and too rapid, it makes the flow of each individual 11-minute segment feel so rushed that it doesn't allow time for what you're watching to really sink in and process. Maybe this has something to do with kids today having such short (or even no) attention spans that if the pacing is any slower, it wouldn't hold their interest, I don't know . . . but I certainly don't remember 11-minute cartoons from when I was a kid (or even the 7-minute ones) ever feeling this rushed.

As far as the Loud Sisters go, I definitely have a top three of who are my favorites:
3. Luna - She automatically earns some awesome points for being voiced by Nika Futterman, but I love how groundbreaking she: bisexual, dating a girl, and it's not a big deal - it's treated as perfectly normal . . . had this happened back when I was a kid, she alone would have gotten the whole show yanked from the air altogether, and that'd be the end of it.
2. Lucy - The way her goth personality is played so straight and she takes it so seriously is actually very amusing, especially whenever she says emotional expressions aloud, like "Sigh" or "Gasp."
1. Luan - Quirky, eccentric, cheerful, socially awkward, loves to perform, cute as a button. . . . It's irresistable. Except for those April Fool's Day episodes; then she's just absolutely deranged and evil.

So yeah, I would say they're my upper-tier sisters. For mid-tier sisters, I'd definitely say Lori, Leni, and Lisa. Lori and Leni actually remind me a lot of my older sister growing up . . . probably Lori, moreso, in terms of personality (cellphones weren't a thing when she was that age, so she wasn't obsessed with texting her boyfriend all the time). Characters like Lisa have been done to death in cartoons, but I think that with her only being four-years, and already a college graduate, is an interesting twist on the concept of insufferable child genius.

That leaves the twins and Lynn as my lower-tier sisters. I think we can admit all of the sisters personify almost every kind of cartoon character personality stereotype you can imagine, but these sisters definitely exhibit some of the more negative stereotypes (well, not that Lori and Leni actually aim for particularly positive stereotypes either). The twins are your typical little brats - particularly Lola, who's like D.W. Read, Angelica Pickles, Honey Boo Boo, and Satan all rolled into one; meanwhile, Lynn is the typical jerk jock who has to turn everything into a competition.

So yeah, it's not something I watch all the time - it's growing on me a little, but again, the rapid-fire pacing is what's preventing me from really investing in it.
Isn't that who your avatar is from?

DePingPong

Reaction score
So, I've seen a handful of episodes of this show from when I had cable and man, oh man, do I strongly dislike this show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, there's a number of things about the show that could be improved, namely the pacing. But what I'm surprised about is apparently in the next season they're aging all of the characters up, like Licoln moving up to middle school, or Lori graduating and possibly moving out and going off to college. This is Nickelodeon we're talking about: no character growth/development allowed . . . Joe Murray had to fight them to let Filburt and Dr. Hutchison get married on Rocko, because they were against it.