"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

The Mush

Reaction score
Would you rather them go back to being a generic action heroes with little or no humor or would you rather them just rot away on old footage and complain about how terrible new cartoons are? I'm sick of hearing BOTH. Nobody likes reboots, and no body likes new ideas. So called cartoon fans just want Animaniacs, Invader Zim, and Batman TAS rerun forever on an infinite loop. Those are great shows, but how many reruns can one possible take. And we all know if they made new episodes of those, they'd instantly suck in comparison. Look at what happened with Family Guy. They begged to get it back, and half the old fans left after the second new season. It's no win.

And considering how Classic Media butchered the New George of the Jungle (what's so new about making it look like the same unfunny frantic stupidity of My Gym Partner) at the very least, they kept the character personalities more or less in tact. I will NEVER forgive them making George a skinny hyper idiot with good grammar and stealing Ape named Ape's erudite British accent.

Sorry, but ANYTHING is better than Baby Looney Tunes or Loonatics Unleashed. And these days everything has to be completely right at ya for it to matter. Classics are seen as relics, The show's decent from what I've seen, but I think Casa de Calma is the episode that was the wake up call. But saying "it's so bad you'll burn your eyes" is bull and we all know that. I've seen stuff that made my flesh crawl and bash my head against the wall. It's no where near that quality. It's off to a weird start and it uses very current humor. It's a shame they aren't doing anything like the old cartoons, but who are we kidding? Even when they do, they get complaints that they're not good enough. Though, from what I've seen, this stuff's a CRAPLOAD better than some of the terrible late 60's shorts. Anyone ever see Bunny and Clyde? Yuck!

I will say, I don't dig it as much as I dig MAD and Regular Show. Mad's been getting much better (though, uh... I was watching them online out of order). The Limitless parody with the Muppets was brilliant, the Office with Wolverine replacing Michael Scott later in the same episode doubly so.
Sorry for complaining, man. I really thought it was dumb. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love modern stuff like Regular Show and Adventure Time, but I really can't stand for that Family Guy-esqe humor.

Your at least right for keeping the characters afloat, unlike letting them fall into obscurity and did have a few characters personalities intact, but they should just have reruns. I did watch a few episodes and they were pretty bad in my book, but nothing can't compare to the classics, and they could've had new situations in new 6 minute shorts, rather than half-hour sitcom stories. And there are people who can make these guys like they used to (Spike Brandit, Tony Cervone, Eric Goldberg, etc.) and still have new and fresh situations. And I'm sorry for exaggerating those details. I hope you can forgive me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, you gotta admit, a LOT of those 1960's ones are TERRIBLE! I love Daffy and I love Speedy, but I like their relationship better on the new show than those lousy Daffy is a security guard at a cheese factory situations. Glad to see someone that likes the new shorts... that's what usually sets me off. In fact, a lot of LT fans like the strictly old school Pre-Chuck Jones stuff and refuse to aknowledge What's Opera Doc?... that and Duck Dodgers were always my top favorites.

I know what you mean, though... I really think they need Doug Langdale on as a staff writer. I yet have to find the episode as funny as Casa de Calma.

Still, I'm just glad to see anything not like Loonatics EVER again! They had the opportunity to make a funny, parody action series and blew it. I give them credit for the second season, and the references to George Clinton and Funkadellic (and Parliament)... but other than that, it was a bad action show. And sadly, it was still more watchable than Looney Tunes babies, which was nothing but derivative. Though they didn't derive what made Muppet babies fun.

The Mush

Reaction score
Still, you gotta admit, a LOT of those 1960's ones are TERRIBLE! I love Daffy and I love Speedy, but I like their relationship better on the new show than those lousy Daffy is a security guard at a cheese factory situations. Glad to see someone that likes the new shorts... that's what usually sets me off. In fact, a lot of LT fans like the strictly old school Pre-Chuck Jones stuff and refuse to aknowledge What's Opera Doc?... that and Duck Dodgers were always my top favorites.

I know what you mean, though... I really think they need Doug Langdale on as a staff writer. I yet have to find the episode as funny as Casa de Calma.

Still, I'm just glad to see anything not like Loonatics EVER again! They had the opportunity to make a funny, parody action series and blew it. I give them credit for the second season, and the references to George Clinton and Funkadellic (and Parliament)... but other than that, it was a bad action show. And sadly, it was still more watchable than Looney Tunes babies, which was nothing but derivative. Though they didn't derive what made Muppet babies fun.
I'm still surprised some of those 60s shorts made it into the Golden Collections! But I'm still glad crap like LT Babies or Loonatics is long gone, proof that these could fade into obscurity. About Chuck Jones, I love pretty much his stuff from around 1942, when his cartoons got real funny, to about 1963, with a lot of oddball, almost cult classics.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The worst cartoon character reboots in history are Loonatics and Yo Yogi (even the horrendous movie was less mortifying). There have been some good ones and some bad ones, but I still fail to see the appeal of either of those two.

Loonatics was maximum fail. Not just because the show was a pointless idea in the first place, but the show was made specifically for merchandising that never came about. Not even a Happy Meal figure. Though there are some surprisingly watchable second season bits, it still sucked over all.

Baby Looney Tunes was cute on diapers, but just terrible as a television show. Disney threatened to make a Disney Babies show but thankfully it never went beyond the concept phase.

I think the problem was Back in Action. Not so much the movie, but the thought that the Looney Tunes brand needs to rely on how well a movie does. Let's face it, Looney Tunes are never (or rarely) movie material. As one of the characters once said on Tiny Toons, "When it comes to cartoons, we only have a 7 minute attention span." Even their best movies were clip shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I call BS on that, because they were on the list of the upfront. The Scooby show I understand, since it seems they ended their storyline, but LTS has no continuity (very little, anyway) and could stand to last at least a season longer. They didn't even have Petunia on the show yet, and she's in the credits. This show actually brought the characters back from the brink created by the failure of Looney Tunes BIA, and the horrible horrible direction that Baby Looney Tunes (which was an okay idea for a line of Baby products, I don't mind saying, but a terrible show) and Loonatics Unleashed (a failure of epic proportions) went. I'd love to see another Looney Tunes project arise out of this, sure. Something that goes back to their roots. But it deserves a third season, even an abbreviated one of 13 episodes.

Seriously. Where have all the 65 episode cartoons gone?

Bridget

Reaction score
This is probably one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network! For those of you who may not know (little hint-hint about me) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lola Bunny!!! She is probably one of my favorite characters in animation! I was really glittered by the fact that she has returned to television since Space Jam, and of course it's also good to see the other characters as well. TLTS is really funny too.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why does it seem like there are less episodes than there are? I swear, it seems like they show the same 5 episodes over and over

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is probably one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network! For those of you who may not know (little hint-hint about me) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lola Bunny!!! She is probably one of my favorite characters in animation! I was really glittered by the fact that she has returned to television since Space Jam, and of course it's also good to see the other characters as well. TLTS is really funny too.
I have a deep regret for ever having a problem with LTS Lola Bunny. I blame myself for watching the episodes out of order, and letting me judge the character based on promos. I never liked the character in Space Jam (as I always say, she was Bugs's equal and superior at the same time), but they really turned her into something special in this series. They actually made her... well... Looney... and Toony! Other than the fact I still kinda have qualms about Gossamer and the Witch (they conveniently renamed her as if to be a different character), I really like what they did with the characters on the show. Especially the gophers. I always hated those gophers. They were Heckle and Jeckle's unfunny cousins or something. I hope that when TLTS ends they manage to keep Lola's new crazy ditz personality and the over the top eh... androgyny of the gophers. The show still should have a good 13 more episodes. It's BS they're ending that.

Why does it seem like there are less episodes than there are? I swear, it seems like they show the same 5 episodes over and over
Episode stinginess. Every network does it. They show the same select episodes over and over again. It's a real pain when you happen to miss an episode and you never get to see it(see Kid's WB. Took me a decade to see a last season MIB episode online). It's crap like that that kills the ratings.

But moreover... used to be 52 episodes was 4 seasons. And used to be is sometime last decade. The Batman had 5 seasons of 65 episodes. Now a season is 26 episodes, they have idiotic production caps on certain series, and you get 2 years of a show.