"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I honestly thought they cancelled the show a while ago since I kept seeing the same episodes over and over...I think I've only seen like 10 different ones...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now what's going to become of my DVD i started to record on. I have four disc and still have room to record more episodes. This is BS! Why when something i like gets put on hold or cancaled? I really enjoyed this show. (other then AT,RS, AG, MAD & HTTYD) this was one of the favorites. Come on CN get with it and at least make one more season. Can I get a What's up Doc?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I'm a giant Daffy Duck fan (I saw all his classic cartoons as a kid), but have yet to see a full episode of this show. Is it any good? Is it funny and entertaining for both kids and adults alike, like Tiny Toons?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I pe
I swear, it was whoever cast Kirsten Wiig's fault. That's like, every character she plays HAS to be either crazy or a crazy airhead or an awkward crazy airhead.... still, I think the perfect opportunity to make fun of the alpha-female type of character was totally blown. I mean, imagine if she kept challenging Bugs to stuff he doesn't want to do saying "Oh, so you don't think I can beat you?" over and over. That would lead to some very comedic situations. They should have saved crazy airhead for Melissa Duck. Daffy seems to be pretty much the same way (and technically he was starting to get like that in Duck Dodgers... not that I'm complaining).

I don't think reruns kill shows (well, not all of them anyway, somehow I can't sit through Frasier anymore), but I always want something new to supplement the old stuff. I really think it's a shame that Taz-Mania, Seasons 2 onward of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, and every episode of Duck Dodgers except for the Green Lantern crossover are completely lost to WB not wanting to release anything that isn't a current sitcom in box format. I will say, much as I like LTshow, those were my favorite made for TV reboots of the characters. The other two I frequently complain about are junk, and guess which one is completely available on DVD and has been for years.

Reruns AND something new is the ticket.

Though again, I think Duck Dodgers and LTShow did the impossible task of making Mac and Tosh actually funny. Man, I just hate them so much.
I prefer the new Lola! She's funny now! She's a LOONEY TUNE! Not a serious and boring character that merely objects to being called "Doll!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
They never gave her a respectable personality in that movie. She was created by marketing in a cynical attempt to get girls to the theater. Sure, it was nice for Looney Tunes to have a female character that wasn't Granny or the cat that Pepe LePew stalks, but they didn't make her a character until TLS. She had a small sports caster role in Tweety's High Flying Adventure, added her as the token female in BLT and LU... but now she's a cartoon character with a cartoonish personality. I really hope they continue that in future projects. They're called LOONEY Tunes, not Personality Devoid Court Order Bussed In Tunes.

I really hope they have a new Looney Tunes project after this. Something closer to the original shorts so die hards won't whine about the sitcom format.

Meanwhile, I hear tell, they're going to have a Tom and Jerry Show. As long as it isn't like that crappy 1970's TV series, I'm liking it already. Too bad they always have to book end Droopy into those things. I LOVE Droopy, but everything after Tex Avery's shorts was meh at best.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm a giant Daffy Duck fan (I saw all his classic cartoons as a kid), but have yet to see a full episode of this show. Is it any good? Is it funny and entertaining for both kids and adults alike, like Tiny Toons?
I'm pretty sure you'll like it. I like Older Looney Tunes and Tiny Toons too. So i'm pretty sure you're going to like this. Comes on Tuesday with new episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I just say that I remembered a time where everyone over a certain age hated Tiny Toons and felt it was just as much an abortion as LU and BLT? All sight unseen, of course. I remember an animation magazine basically making it the butt of every joke.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Can I just say that I remembered a time where everyone over a certain age hated Tiny Toons and felt it was just as much an abortion as LU and BLT? All sight unseen, of course. I remember an animation magazine basically making it the butt of every joke.
So maybe the whole "Li'l Looney Tunes" thing didn't jive with everyone, but there's still a lot of genuinely funny moments from Tiny Toons. I loved the skit where Buster goes to see a childrens' performer in concert, and he just keeps interrupting the guy's show and making fun of him:smile:. I also remember a couple episodes that poked fun at the censorship for kids' television. The movie special, "How I Spent My Vacation," was great too, and holds a 7.8 on IMDb. Plucky's roadtrip with Hamton's family to HappyWorldLand was hilarious. The humor could be hit and miss, but for kids' television I thought it was ahead of its time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sure, it was nice for Looney Tunes to have a female character that wasn't Granny or the cat that Pepe LePew stalks, but they didn't make her a character until TLS. She had a small sports caster role in Tweety's High Flying Adventure, added her as the token female in BLT and LU... but now she's a cartoon character with a cartoonish personality.
I never really liked Lola, regardless of her Space Jam "personality" or her Looney Tunes Show incarnation. In fact it's ironic: In Space Jam Bugs liked her but Lola didn't feel the same way about him at first, and on The Looney Tunes Show it's the other way around.

Not only was she a token female on Baby Looney Tunes, but they also included other females: Petunia, who was only in a few classic shorts (and it was odd seeing her featured so much while there wasn't a Baby Porky), and Melissa, who was only in one or two shorts. In fact would casual fans see the connection between her and the adult Melissa from The Scarlett Pumperknickle? I wouldn't have known they were the same if it wasn't mentioned in an early interview with somebody from the show (who claimed there's no such thing as an obscure Looney Tunes character... So Bosko, Buddy, Beans, and Inki aren't obscure?). The short I'm sure most fans remember Melissa from is where she's just a character in a script by Daffy. She's even a different color as a baby.

But having said that, when it comes to Baby Looney Tunes, which I've barely watched since the first season and don't think is too good, I prefer Petunia and Melissa over Lola.