"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

Erine81981

Reaction score
I didn't watch the new DD (and Daffy's one of my favorite characters) not because i didn't like it but i'm one who likes to ssee other charactes other then Daffy, Porky and Marvin. But i have watched a couple and i could keep myself from cracking up. My friends think i like every little cartoon that comes out and i really don't there just might be a few new things that come out and i'll watchem'. But Taz Maina was funny. I didn't have Fox back then so i watched reruns on CN or i think TBS used to run it as well (can't remember) but funny show. Can't wait for season one to come out. Can't wait!

Convincing John

Reaction score
I've seen some of the Looney Tunes Show, and I dig it. Portraying Daffy as a slacker is perfect. You really expect him to go home and act like that, even when you watch one of the older Looney Tunes shorts. (True, sometimes Daffy lived in a pond, but you could also see him mooching off of someone in a house like Bugs's. He actually pretended to be a stuffed duck in an old Porky Pig short just to score free goodies from the kitchen and a warm place to sleep).

There's one episode I'd like to see again about "upselling", y'know, when you go and want to buy something and the salespeople try to make you buy more stuff you don't really need. Bugs and Porky were hanging out one day and Porky was gullible enough to keep buying things he didn't need.

There's a scene where a salesman wants Porky to buy insurance for printer ink. I won't spoil what happens, but Bugs's reactions to all of this are what really sells the episode.

I can't find it online, otherwise I'd provide a link. But, the episode is called "That's My Baby".

Drtooth

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the sitcom format was decided upon due to the hardlined classic Looney Tunes fans never being happy about anything made past 1959. They had the choice of trying desperately to recreate the old cartoons in a weekly format, or do something different. Seems they'd complain no matter what.

For the record, I really liked LTS, but I think Duck Dodgers was a better program. I've really enjoyed the Looney Tunes (with as little alteration as possible) on television. From Tiny Toons to LTS (and ignoring those other 2 shows, though I still give credit to Loonatics for trying to make the second season not suck by doing stuff they should have all along).

I just hope Wabbit is good. That goofy looking Scooby-Doo however, I'll reserve judgement...

Numb Chucks sounds dumb. Like My Gym Partner is a Monkey dumb.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They only gave it two. Somehow it kinda caught on, but didn't... I dunno. But the show at least brought some life back into the property, and WB started releasing more Looney Tunes stuff since the show started (more DVD's, if crappy kiddy ones, merchandising, and rerunning the old series on CN for the first time in a decade). I am looking forward to whatever Wabbit is, and I hope that's more successful than LTS was.

Bridget

Reaction score
Yes me too. I am a little bit Dissapointed about no new season, but it is what it is. Judging by the name "Wabbit", I'm guessing it may involve the hunter?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, CN does it again! The Looney Tunes show has been off the air for a year, and they held over the last episode that freaking long. What's the point of holding one lousy episode over when the show's been banished to Boomerang with no reruns of the show on CN for the foreseeable future? What was the point of holding one lousy episode, period?

It's the last episode with the odd dramatic retelling of Superman II, dumped on Sunday at like 6 or 6:30. I can't even begin to wrap my head around the logic on not airing back when it was on the air.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To further show how much ennui Warner Bros has shown The Looney Tunes Show, consider this. There's a Looney Tunes Show movie that didn't get any publicity, advertisement, or even acknowledgement.

That's right. A Direct to DVD Looney Tunes Show styled movie that you never heard of. And I found the poorly sound mixed trailer here:

I didn't know about this thing until Sunday, when I saw it at a Barnes and Noble. Now, every Scooby-Doo movie being teased, that's a given. They even advertised the Flintstones WWE "film" non-stop. This flew under the radar.

Now, obviously they recast Lola because Kristin Wiig is a big time movie star now (Fred Armisen is still rocking it as Speedy Gonzales), and her new actress seems to be doing a not that great impersonation and doesn't have the same comedic style that came natural to Kristin, especially given the fact that the character was made specifically for her.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I watched about a week or so ago. Yeah, it's pretty much TLTS the Movie, both in character personalty, the characters they use and the tone. I'm sure I laughed a couple of times, but it was really "meh." And the animation is very not good. It's like a high school doodle version of TLTS designs.