The International Muppet Show

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I thought TOTP stuido is at ATV studios :confused:

Anyway today I just found in my one of my tapes is TOTP2 with 'Halfway Down The Stairs' and this has black background with pinky red colour lighting with the same stair case.

I'm thinking now there's a 3rd version. I wonder now how many of these was made ?

Weird :big_grin:

MuppetDanny

anathema

Reaction score
TOTP is a BBC program :smile: I don't know for certain where it was staged in the 70s, but Television Center is the most likely place.

Can you post me screencaps from this other version please?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap

Good to see you, er, hear from you, no, uh, read text from you! Aw, skip it! Good to have you here, Twiddlebug, or should I say Mr. Nelson.
:eek: What the hey ! :eek:

That would explain Twiddlebug was at TOTP .

anathema

Sorry I can't I don't have the abilty to capture screen grabs from VHS. I can copy it for in our next trade. I e-mail you later with an update of my video trade list.

MuppetDanny

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Took me a while, but the profile is the giveaway.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap

I just looked at his profile and I see want you mean by giving away :big_grin:

Have you e-mailed Jerry before ?

MuppetDanny

Luke

Reaction score
Guys, TOTP was originally done from BBC Television Centre in Shepherds Bush, then it moved to BBC's Elstree Studios, now it's just recently moved back to the Television Centre.

Glad to have you here Twiddlebug, hope you are doing well ! :stick_out_tongue:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
The version of the show which contains the blue-lit version is in fact a complete re-edit of the show - it differs from the earlier one in many places. (It's not the only show that got re-edited - Rita Moreno, Joel Grey and Ruth Buzzi were re-done too). I don't know why this was done.
How was the Ruth Buzzi one re-edited?

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
How was the Ruth Buzzi one re-edited?

It's nothing major - I have two copies, one of which includes an extra comment from Statler and Waldorf immediately after the 'Discussion Panel' sketch. The other one just fades to black at that point. The German copy of this particular show also extends the Jug-Band number, presumably because the translated lyrics wouldn't fit the original length :smile: I'm pretty certain it was done by repeating some of the existing shots.

As I said, it's a minor change. Rita, Joel and Harvey were much more complex ;-)

Don Music

Reaction score
Re: Good to see you!

Originally posted by Gorgon Heap

Second, Thog is one of my favorite Muppets, in fact my new Instant Messenger screen name is Thogboy23 (23 for the Kaye Ballard episode of The Muppet Show) and I even made my own buddy icon for it (a first!) I was sorry to hear from one of the puppet builders that this puppet no longer exists and will likely not be rebuilt. He was never used much, but I always liked him (I'm the one who's been pushing Ken Lilly to make Thog as an action figure). I wanted to ask, is it difficult to perform the full-body characters? I've heard they're heavy and I bet it gets hot in there.

Thog doesn't exist anymore?? :frown: What happened to him? I know puppets eventually wear out, but does anyone know what happens to them when they become unusable (I'm almost afraid to ask)? Seams like they could still go on display somewhere.
We should all pool our money & open a retired Muppet museum/rest home. :big_grin:

-Eric