The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I watched the Castle of Fu Manchu.

It’s a movie shown on Mst3k.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to the con, and then realized I forgot my camera, so I had to drive back home to get it, then drive back to the con, lol.

At least this is a perk to living within the city limits: I was able to drive back home and drive back to con in less than fifteen minutes.

I'm just lucky I was able to get a good parking spot both times.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is why I always make sure I’m prepared before heading out to a con..... even if it’s relatively close by.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I did it again, evidently . . . I appear to have accidentally deleted a file that I've been working on for a little while, and I must have deleted it quite some time ago, because the farthest previous versions of the documents folder go back is before Christmas Eve, and even so, the file isn't there.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Well, I did it again, evidently . . . I appear to have accidentally deleted a file that I've been working on for a little while, and I must have deleted it quite some time ago, because the farthest previous versions of the documents folder go back is before Christmas Eve, and even so, the file isn't there.
What file was it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One of two spec scripts I've been writing.

And, unfortunately, it was the stronger of the two that was deleted.

I just pray I can remember all of what I have already written when I start all over again from scratch - had a really good climax already written out.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I kept editing a Wikipedia page even when the edits were being reversed, and now I'm blocked from editing until tomorrow.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I didn't do this today, but it was definitely stupid. In fact, it was not only stupid, it was STOOOOOPID!

Be warned, this is long. A little background first. I collect old commercials from between 1982 to 1999. I get some later ones, if I happen to like them. I find most of them on YouTube, and I've been doing this since 2006. I kept them all on a separate harddrive. Well, stupid me decided to break up the commercials from commercial blocks various people have posted (which was a pain in the neck at times, because, out of a group of commercials, they only had one I wanted). I had these in a separate folder on my desktop, along with folders of video files of various TV shows that I put in my iPhone. Well, stupid me moved all the folders to my external hard drive, and got a notice that said "Name of Folder already exists in this location. Would you like to overwrite it?" Me, being the idiot that I am, checked off "Yes to All," not realizing until it was too late, that I had deleted all but 50 or so of my 400+ commercials, most of which are no longer on YouTube. Basically 14 years of commercial hunting down the drain!

However, there's a happy ending to this story. I found a program that could recover them, and it actually worked, so I didn't lose those 400+ commercials after all.

Moral of the Story: WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING WHEN YOU COPY STUFF FROM YOUR DESKTOP TO YOUR EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE!