The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A little garlic goes a long way. If you’re making spaghetti sauce, half a clove is plenty. It can easily overpower other flavors.

Where’s Sarge? Wasn’t she part vampire at one point? Or was she a zombie?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So far I can see good and gather is pretty cheap with their products.

I got their string cheese sticks and while not bad, the texture also threw me off a bit. Their water bottles while also satisfying I can taste the cheapness in the water as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So...... out of curiosity, I kinda want to try the veggie delight sandwhich from subway at least once..... even if it means I have to eat tomatoes. :shifty:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
You don’t have to eat tomatoes. They can leave them off. I don’t eat tomatoes either.

If I’m eating out and I order a salad, I specifically say no tomatoes. That’s easy enough for them to handle.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I usually leave off tomatoes, but since this is a veggie sandwich I feel I might as well leave it on 🤷🏿‍♂️ I have a very good feeling I’m not going to like this sandwich anyway, tomatoes or no tomatoes. But we’ll see.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
But you’re setting yourself up not to like it. If you expect it to be crappy, it will be. If you expect it to be a waste of money, that’s exactly what it will be.

It’s like drtooth a few years back. He mentioned he was going to some therapy sessions for one reason or another. He didn’t expect to get anything productive out of it. Guess what. He didn’t. His low expectations spoiled things for him.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not always the case for me and people’s experiences are different in the end. Sometimes I find myself having high expectations only to be disappointed, while other times I have low expectations but become impressed instead. For instance, my expectations on the Big Mac were pretty low…. Same with the McDouble and the double cheeseburger. I was fairly impressed with all of them (though the double cheeseburger is a lot more satisfying than the McDouble). On the other hand, I was once looking forward to trying Subway’s Buffalo chicken sandwich…… just to be very disappointed with how incredibly bland and buttery the Buffalo sauce was.

Only reason my expectations are low with this sandwich is because I heard the subway veggies are very watery….. and from just seeing them in front of the counter I can see the water soaking on them.

I also can understand Drtooth’s poor therapy visit. While I didn’t have low expectations for my own therapy visit in October 2017 when I was dealing with bad mood swings and anxiety after finishing college, I found myself feeling a lot worse after finishing my session that I haven’t done therapy since. My expectations were I felt good about going in at first but came out feeling horrible. Also doesn’t help that looking for a therapist in the first place can be incredibly stressful.

Any Del

Reaction score
I've eaten tomatoes on a Subway sandwich before and it was like eating any ordinary sandwich with tomatoes on it. Nuthin special.

On the topic of therapy. It all depends on which therapist you have. If you have a therapist that doesn't understand what you went through (because you don't know what issues you have in yourself) then yeah of course threapy won't work.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Clearly I could see that was the case with the one I went to.

Either way, I’ve reached that point in my life now where honestly I can figure out my own life problems. I don’t need a person with a clipboard telling me what’s wrong.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have discovered that candy corn and chocolate covered peanuts are actually a surprisingly tasty combination.