The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Same with our dairy farm; they have a little store right smackdown in the middle of downtown where they sell ice cream by the score: you can walk in and get a cone with all kinds of crazy toppings and coatings, or you can get a pint from their coolers. However, they carry some rather . . . odd and unconventional flavors like lavender honey, saffron and cardomom, toasted coconut, and the like. I never tried any of them myself, but my mom is absolutely obsessed with their ice cream flavors.
I’d go for the toasted coconut.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Made a big salad for lunch.
Mixed greens, dried cranberries, cheese, granola cereal (croutons get expensive, but a salad needs a little crunch), and some diced chicken.

Then all my attempts at eating healthy fall by the wayside when it comes to dressing.
Vinegrettes are good, usually oil and vinegar with some seasoning. It’s the creamy dressings that get you.
Ranch or honey mustard are good. Chipotle ranch is even better.

I inherited this from my dad. He would drown a salad with blue cheese.
Want some salad with your dressing, Dad?

In a great while I might throw on some bacon bits, but they’re salty as all heck.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah I’m definitely a ranch guy when it comes to salads. But I try not to completely drown it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it comes to dressing, ranch is the only choice for me. As far as additional ingredients are concerned, I rather enjoy a little bit of diced boiled egg and some shredded cheese (not too picky about the kind). Diced meat like ham, turkey, or bacon bits are fine, but I wouldn't consider them a necessity.

The only thing that's really a big iffy with me is onion, because red onion is typically what's sliced or diced into salads, but they can be incredibly strong and hard to eat.

Otherwise, stuff like tomatoes, olives, nuts, seeds, peppers, radishes, beets, no thanks.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The only dressing I don’t like is blue cheese. But back in the pre-COVID days of salad bars, I’d be open for just about anything.

Back in my high school days, I lived on French dressing. More specifically, Catalina French. This is what Pizza Hut had on their salad bar. This thick orange-reddish lava.

Back in the 90s I used to steam broccoli, drizzle some Catalina dressing, have some sourdough bread on the side, and that made a satisfying meal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I now regret trying Burger King's new garlic and bacon king burger.

It's not that the burger itself was bad (honestly, it's pretty much just a glorified whopper with bacon and garlic flakes on it), it's just dealing with this garlicky aftertaste in the back of my throat ever since I ate it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean that’s pretty much garlic for you. Leaves your breath smelling poopy and your throat burning.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I also want to mention my tolerance for eating cheese on its own has actually gone up a bit, mainly with string cheese sticks (preferably mozerella but I might also try cheddar at some point in comparison).

I still wouldn’t eat them as slices though because that’s where I get a little turned off from the texture.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
your throat burning.
Never had that experience with garlic. Ever.

Pepperoni, however, used to have that effect on me when I was younger; now, not so much anymore,
I also want to mention my tolerance for eating cheese on its own has actually gone up a bit, mainly with string cheese sticks
Boy, you talk about processed crap.