The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve never had a good microwave frozen pizza. The crust always gets soggy.
If I do get frozen pizza (DiGorno seems the best) in the oven it goes. Or at least the toaster oven.
Same thing with pizza bites. Never nuke them!

There’s one brand of frozen pizza only available up here called Tree Tavern. I’m surprised they’re still in business. Cardboard crust, dehydrated sauce, and cheese dust.
Way back when I think the astronauts ate this when they landed on the moon.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know……. If it’s one thing Nabisco is absolutely terrible at, it’s jazzing up their chips ahoy cookies.

The only ones I’ve actually enjoyed were chunky (but I’ve loved those for a good while), chewy fudge filled, and thins. Every other crunchy one minus the original has really bulked up cookies and the cookie part is really grainy and gritty. Then there’s the chewy ones minus the one I just mentioned…… wet, muddy play dough. 🤮

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One cookie I’m not too crazy about-pecan sandies. Very appropriate name. Light on the pecans, heavy on the sand.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, reduced fat chips ahoy cookies are just…. Sad.

Like it now just feels like I’m eating a generic chips ahoy cookie with no flavor to it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, that's reduced/low fat anything for you. Whether we like it or not, fat is where a lot of the natural flavors in food comes from, so if you reduce it or even eliminate it altogether to the point that something is even fat-free, then you're going to lose a significant amount of taste in what it is you're eating, which is why reduced fat or fat-free versions of certain foods never taste nearly as good as their original counterparts. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No yeah, for sure. I was expecting the worst. And yeah, I was definitely given the worst.

This is why I’m against low calorie versions of fatty foods. It just feels like it takes away the purpose of them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, it is a culinary rule.
Fat equals flavor.
That’s why some of the tastiest soups, like lobster bisque, has a ton of cream and butter in it.
Not the healthiest thing, but tastes great.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same with certain pasta sauces as well.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever tried eating gluten-free pasta before? I once mistakenly picked up a box of gluten-free spaghetti one time, and trying to eat that stuff was like trying to eat warm grit sticks. Ick.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While not specifically Pizza Hut's pan pizza, I can safely say that I have not tried a single thing featured in this countdown:

Otherwise, sometimes even just a single whopper can really sit with you, I couldn't handle a double whopper.

Last edited: