The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Once upon a time, frozen yogurt only came in vanilla. And it tasted like sour ice cream.

Then in the last ten years or so, frozen yogurt places popped up like mushrooms. In flavors unheard of once upon a time, with every topping under the sun.

My own favorites are carob chips (healthy dark chocolate), coconut, and a little whipped cream and a cherry. If I’m good.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I usually stick to suggary (and some salty) stuff when it comes to my frozen yogurt.

Like that’s why I don’t get fruit toppings. I just want straight up sugar.

So usually I’d go for sprinkles, cookie crumbs, m and m’s, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, maybe some peanuts or pretzels

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Froyo was basically like what avocado toast is now before avocado toast ended up becoming a thing.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Wow, I feel so stupid posting this in the “what did you do today?” thread (my mind was still waking up).

Anyway:

You know what’s one of the worst dishes to eat frozen?

Meat loaf.

No, that stuff needs to be fresh. A microwaveable frozen version is just 😐

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Agreed 110%! I've tried frozen meatloafs before, that stuff is absolute crap! When it comes to restaurant meatloaf, Cracker Barrel's is pretty good, otherwise, I usually just stick with my mom's homemade meatloaf.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My friend Mike’s dad before he passed on four years ago made some really good meatloaf (he was once a chef).

The most tolerable one was stouffer’s, and even then their meatloaf is pretty average. 😕

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I got a soft pretzel from cumberland’s today.... oh my lord, it is LOADED with salt!

Like I’m so glad I just purchased water! With the big size you get there is WAY too much salt!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I make my own meatloaf. I don’t think I ever had a frozen one.

Soft pretzels are funny. Some of them are salt bombs. Auntie Anne’s are salty, but they are oh-so-buttery.😃
I tend to get a pretzel when I’m at a concert or baseball game. Or even from a street vendor in New York. Sometimes it’s not the salt that’s a oriblem. Sometimes they’re so hard they can break your teeth.

Alex, come over some time this week because I’m making meat loaf. It will put Stouffer’s to shame.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Which Wich has suddenly scaled back on their menu, doing away with a number of specific sandwiches, in addition to a number of additives as well (cheeses, toppings, seasonings, etc.) No idea why.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo I’m always up for trying meatloaf if it’s homemade!

And I agree completely with auntie Anne’s pretzels! I love the buttery peanut oil flavor they have! With a sprite to wash them down it’s easily one of my go to food areas at the mall. 😎 🥨