The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
All he’s literally doing is smoking a joint while reviewing Taco Bell. I seriously don’t know how this got flagged.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s not the most common, but broccoli and/or spinach can go on a pizza.

There’s a place by me, one pizza is just spinach, cheese, and olive oil. No tomato sauce. This is actually a little more Greek influence than Italian.

Alex,cucumbers get turned into pickles. There’s a brining process where sugar, salt, vinegar, garlic, dill, and other spices are mixed together. The cucumbers are soaked in this brine, and they turn into pickles. It’s the vinegar that makes them sour.
Pickles never agreed with me, but they’re so big as a sandwich topping or a garnish.

I had the cheeseburger pizza once (no pickles), and it was okay.
My wife likesthe Hawaiian pizza with ham and pineapple, but she’s not too crazy about the chicken bacon ranch pie I like. But to each his own.
Just because you never heard of a topping on pizza doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo just seeing your mention of pickles now. I actually had no idea. I always thought cucumbers and pickles were two different vegetables. It definitely makes sense now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also I have to say this video makes me so hungry for some Taco Bell!

Some of the folks’ reactions in this video are priceless! 😂 though I found the young girls to be a bit annoying.

I also have to admit, the gentleman in the plaid shirt has a really good English voice!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little surprised it was some of the older Mexicans who were a little more receptive to Taco Bell's food, while the younger ones were a little more turned off by it. I don't know, I would just think that the elderly would have tastebuds that are more accustomed to their own culturally traditional food, and find American fast food versions of said food to be disgusting, while the younger ones who probably have a more varied palette.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get that completely! The girls were a lot more harsh on the food.

I have actually always wanted to try the Doritos shell one after watching this. I don’t think they have them anymore.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They do. I got Taco Bell on DoorDash a while ago, and the Dorito shell tacos are my go-to.
I like the hard corn shells over the soft flour ones.
Taco Bell does a decent job making Mexican food for mainstream American tastes. But there are plenty of more authentic places out there.
Just like with Irish food. No fast food joint exists where you can get shepherd’s pie or bangers and mash. But there’s no shortage of pubs where these are staples on the menu.
The most authentic places sell bangers and champ. Bangers are sausages with onions in brown gravy, and champ is mashed potatoes with leeks, garlic and onions mixed in. And they leave the lumps in so you know these potatoes were mashed by hand. Not instant flakes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean the point of fast food isn’t to enjoy a wholesome meal in the end.

It’s to stuff your face with processed food because it makes you feel good.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
From seeing this video, I pretty much knew Pop Eyes was going to win cause their chicken is FIRE! But also watching this, I miss the McDonald’s buttermilk crispy chicken sandwich :sympathy:

I also found the Wendy’s employee to be pretty irritating.