The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So just because I was curious, I tried the chewy chips ahoy cookies again and I know exactly why I did not like these as a kid. 🤮

It just feels like I’m eating raw generic cookie dough.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Some cookies are good crunchy like Oreos. Some are good soft, like homemade Toll House.
Chips Ahoy, I like both. The chewy ones don’t hold up to being dunked in coffee.
This week, since Passover and Easter overlap, now I get my share of macaroons. Love ‘em.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My issue with chewy chips ahoy is mostly the flavor. It lacks the buttery flavor the original kind have. The chips don’t even taste good either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re still around, but once upon a time the best chocolate chip cookie you could find was Famous Amos. They were small and crunchy, but they tried a soft version too. These cookies were homemade. Because they didn’t have preservatives, they had a very short shelf life. But you knew you were getting fresh cookies. They used to have stores where they’d sell the cookies as soon as they came out of the oven.

Wally Amos was a great guy. His company wasn’t big, but his mission was to give proceeds from his cookie sales to help kids learn to read.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is Fuzzy Lumpkins working for Sonic now? Because they now have a cheeseburger with bacon flavored jam on it. Eww?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Bacon jam is kind of an Amish thing. About five years ago I was down in Lancaster, PA, and it’s a local specialty. Maybe not to everyone’s taste, but there it is. One thing they do have down there is a hot bacon salad dressing. It’s actually warm, so it doesn’t wilt the greens. I brought a few bottles home because you won’t find it anywhere else.

it’s quite a thing to see how the Amish people live. So much technology and modern society has passed them by, but they still prosper mainly as farmers. And they produce some fine sausages and cheeses. They even brew their own root beer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll admit when it comes to sandwiches, I can be rather fussy about the bread.

For example, when it comes to burgers, chicken sandwiches, or any sandwiches that come on buns, I don't like the buns toasted . . . I can tolerate them if they're grilled ever so slightly, but I don't care for when buns are toasted - something about how dry and crunchy they are kill the whole sandwich.

At the same time, I can tolerate toasted sandwiches like, say a club, or tuna or egg salad on toast, however, if the toast is dry and crumbly, it can ruin the sandwich, and it seems like club sandwiches have that problem a lot.

Also when it comes to grilled cheese, I like the bread to be a little moist from where it's been cooked in butter (but no mayo).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I dunno, I’m quite the opposite. While I can do either direction I actually prefer toasted buns when it comes to burgers and chicken sandwiches. Adds nice extra flavor.